Take that Ugly Christmas Sweater to the next level and make some accessories to compliment it with these easy to make Ugly Christmas Headbands! These headbands are a playful and quirky accessory guaranteed to spread holiday cheer. Everyone will love one and ask where you got it!
Get ready to turn heads and spark laughter at every holiday gathering!
Table of Contents
Perfect for a Christmas Craft Party!
This would be the perfect craft to make at a Christmas Crafts Party! Everyone will love their take-home gift!
I got these supplies between Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby. Your best bet is look for the tiny miniature ornaments. They will work perfectly on a headband.
- Miniature Brush bottle trees
- Miniature ornaments
- Dollar Tree Headbands
- hot glue gun / glue sticks
- Christmas floral picks
How do you make an Ugly Christmas Headband?
This completely depends on what you put on the Ugly Christmas Headband. Play around with the supplies you’ve got and see what works best before hot gluing everything into place.
For the Little Red Truck Version:
I found these iced branches that were covered in crystals. I cut small pieces and hot glued them to the top of the headband to create an icy ground.
I next hot glued the truck hauling the Christmas tree.
Then, I created additional scenery by adding:
- mini bottle brushes
- mini pinecones and berries
- miniature deer ornament
For the Trees and Deer Version:
I first began by hot gluing various-sized bottle brushes onto the headband. I like to use an odd number of themm, so I start with the first one in the center of the top of the headband and work my way outward on each side.
Then, I hot glued a tiny deer ornament in front of and on the center bottle brush tree.
I found Christmas-themed cotton floral picks at the Dollar Tree. I pulled the cotton out and spread the tuft out and hot glued it to look like snow in front of the trees and deer.
I finished off the look by adding mini pinecones and red berries around it.
This is another version of the trees and deers:
For the Santa Gnomes Version:
I found these little gnome head ornaments at the Dollar Tree. I cut the strings off the back of them.
Then, I hot glued three of them to the headband.
Next, I added miniature bottle brushes between the gnome heads.
Lastly I used another piece of the Christmas cotton floral picks and turned the cotton into a bigger beard for the center gnome and hot glued it on.
I finished off the headband by adding berries and leaves around.
Try on your new Ugly Christmas Headband!
More Christmas Crafts
- HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolates Christmas Lights Necklace
- Let’s Make a Grinch Christmas Wreath
- How to make Reese’s Peanut Butter Christmas Tree Pops
- Candy Cane Reindeer Wreath
- How to Make a Marshmallow PEEPS Christmas Centerpiece
- Let’s Make a Mason Jar Christmas Snow Globe
- How to Make a DIY Christmas Map Ornament
- How to make a Dollar Store Clay Pot Christmas Tree Ornament
- Make Your Own DIY Gumball Machine Christmas Ornament
- How to make a Santa Cam Christmas Ornament
- How to Make a Dollar Store DIY Santa Dinosaur Christmas Ornament
- NO SEW Easy Felt Snowman Ornament
- Tiny Santa Christmas Ornaments
More Christmas Treats
- Christmas Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pizza Cake
- Snow Globe Christmas Treats for Kids
- Christmas Santa Belly Treats
- Jack Frost Christmas Chocolate Bark
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Milkshake
- How to make Hot Cocoa Kisses Cookies
- How to Make a Christmas Sweets Charcuterie Board
Christmas Party Fun
- Let’s Have a Christmas Reindeer Hunt
- Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt
- Free Kids Christmas Printable Games
- Free Printable Christmas Game Christmas Pictionary!
- Free Printable Christmas Name That Tune Game & More Christmas Games