Table of Contents
A shortcut to cute Christmas treats is using store bought treats like Ding Dongs or Twinkies. If you love these Santa Belly Treats, check out our Grinch Twinkies and Christmas Snow Globe Treats!
The Santa Clause 2
My little treat is made from Hostess Ding Dongs and it’s perfect to have during a binge of the Santa Clause movies like The Santa Clause 2. These are some of my favorite holiday movies. They are just so funny to watch with the kids.
How do you make Santa Belly Treats?
First you’ll need to unwrap all the Ding Dongs.
After making a big batch of the icing, then separate it into four bowls and add a different food coloring to three bowls, keeping the fourth bowl white.
Next, scoop a little bit of the red, black, and golden yellow frosting into 3 piping bags. Add a teaspoon of water to the remaining amount of the red icing to thin it a bit. Then, add it to a squeeze bottle.
Add a tablespoon of powder sugar to the white icing and mix until well combined. It will be thick, so scoop into a piping bag.
First, we start with the black piping bag. Pipe Santa’s belt in the middle of the ding dong. Using the red piping bag, pipe the outline for the top and bottom part of Santa’s suit.
Work quickly and fill in the red outline with the thinned red icing in the squirt bottle. Next, fill in the black lines with the black icing in the piping bag. Let the Ding Dongs dry for 30 minutes.
Using the golden yellow icing, add a square line in the middle part of the belt. Then, add 3 black dots in the middle of his suit going vertical. Let them dry for another 30 minutes.
Then, lastly, use the thick white icing to pipe the fur trim on the bottom of his suit.
Pop them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or allow them to dry for about an hour.
More Christmas Recipes You’ll Love
- COCO inspired Creamy Mexican Hot Chocolate & Bone Dippers
- Jack Frost Christmas Chocolate Bark
- Christmas Cherry Cookie Cups
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cookie Cups
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Make Your Own Disney Donuts!
- 1 package of chocolate hostess ding dongs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- Black, Red, and Golden Yellow gel food coloring
- 4 disposable piping bags with a number 2 tip
- 1 squeeze bot
- Unwrap the Ding Dongs and place them on a wax paper on cookie sheet.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the egg whites, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream of tarter and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Split the icing into four bowls.
- Add a little bit of food coloring into three of the bowls. One color per bowl.
- Leave the 4th bowl white.
- Scoop a little bit of the red, black, and golden yellow frosting into 3 piping bags and set aside.
- Using the remaining amount of the red icing, add 1 tsp of water to thin the icing.
- Then, pour that icing into the squeeze bottle.
- Add 1 tablespoon of powder sugar into the white icing and mix until combined. The icing will be thick. Then, scoop it into a piping bag.
- Using the black piping bag, pipe Santa's belt in the middle of the Ding Dong.
- Using the red piping bag, pipe an outline for the top and bottom part of Santa's suit.
- Fill in the red outline with the thinned red icing in the squeeze bottle.
- Fill in the black lines with the black icing in the piping bag.
- Let the Ding Dongs dry for 30 minutes.
- Using the golden yellow icing, add a square line in the middle part of the belt.
- Add 3 black dots in the middle of his suit going vertical.
- Let dry for another 30 minutes.
- Using the thick white icing, pipe the white trim on the bottom of his suit.
- Let ding dongs completely dry for about 1 hour before enjoying!