It’s almost New Year’s Eve! Are you ready? We can’t have a New Year’s Eve at home without a big bowl of queso. Dips and chips are a favorite around here.
This is a great recipe if you have leftover fajita meat from a meal. It’s not often we have much left after a meal of fajitas. We love our TexMex, but when we do, I like to make Fajita Queso Dip.
If you don’t have leftovers, you can even buy it already seasoned and made for this recipe as well. This works well for both beef and chicken fajita meat.
First, drizzle a skillet on medium heat with about a little bit of olive oil.
Next, add about a pound of pre-cooked diced beef fajita meat. This is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover fajita meat. I dice it and stick in the fridge or freezer until I’m ready to make some Fajita Queso Dip.
Drain a can of RO*TEL and add it to the fajita meat and saute for a bit.
Next, add a jar of salsa con queso or cheese sauce and mix everything together and allow it to simmer for a few minutes.
Remove it from the fire and pour into your serving dish. Then, top it with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled queso fresco. Lastly, cut a large avocado into chunks and add it to your dip just before serving.
Since this is like eating bite-sized fajitas, I like to use flour tortilla wedges instead of chips. I heat up a stack of flour tortillas in the microwave, and then I just quarter a them to serve along with it.
Yum! All that cheesy goodness! I cannot wait to devour some of this over the holidays!
More TexMex to make
- Cheesy Hot Bean Dip
- Beef Fajita Dip
- Healthier Refried Beans in the Instant Pot
- El Fenix Enchilada Gravy for Authentic Tex Mex Cheese Enchiladas
- The EASIEST Chicken Enchiladas
- How to Cook Frozen Tamales in an Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb seasoned beef fajitas, diced
- 1 jar salsa con queso
- 2 cans RO*TEL, drained
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 10-12 small flour tortillas, quartered
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet on medium heat.
- Next, add a pound of diced, pre-cooked fajita meat.
- Drain two cans of RO*TEL and add to the meat.
- Add a jar of salsa con queso.
- Mix everything together and allow it to simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and pour into a serving bowl.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled queso fresco.
- Cut an avocado into chunks and top just before serving.
- Cut flour tortillas into quarters.
- Serve the dip with flour tortilla wedges.