This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #DipForTheWin #CollectiveBias
Our oldest daughter is a freshman in college this year. She’s also on the color guard, so for every home football game, she’s out there performing in the stands and on the field. Unfortunately, her school is four hours away, so we can’t get to every home game to see her perform. But, we can watch it on TV!
Do you know what goes great with watching football? Finger foods like dips and chips. When I was grocery shopping earlier this week at Walmart, they had an endcap full of RO*TEL. It’s one of my go-to ingredients for dips, so I picked up a few cans. Make sure you scroll down to check out RO*TEL’s Dip for the Win Sweepstakes!
My family just loves a good dip, and I’ve got one for the season. It’s Beef Fajita Dip, and it’s full of beef fajita meat, rice, beans, cheese, avocados, and RO*TEL. You’re gonna love this!
We eat Tex Mex food pretty regularly, so we often have leftovers. This is a great way to use up leftover fajita meat, rice and beans. But, you can easily make it from scratch with ready-to-serve fajita meat and rice.
First, add a tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet on medium heat.
Next, add precooked rice and fajita seasoning.
Add two cans of RO*TEL to the rice and mix it up.
Next, add the diced fajita meat.
Then, it’s time to add some diced bell peppers.
Drain the pinto beans before adding them to the mix.
Add about a cup of sour cream and mix everything together. Let it simmer for just a few moments.
Remove from the fire and top with shredded cheddar and crumbled queso fresco cheeses.
Just before serving, cut an avocado into chunks and top the dip.
I like to serve this dip with flour tortilla wedges. I just get a stack of 10-12 tortillas and cut them into quarters.Print
- 2 cups precooked rice
- 1 package of fajita seasoning
- 2 cans RO*TEL
- 1 lb precooked beef fajita meat
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- Preheat skillet on medium heat.
- Add precooked rice and fajita seasoning.
- Add two cans of RO*TEL (do not drain).
- Add the beef fajita meat.
- Add the bell peppers.
- Drain pinto beans. Add pinto beans.
- Add sour cream.
- Mix together and let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled queso fresco.
- Cut a large avocado into chunks and top the dip.
- Cut 10-12 flour tortillas into wedges and serve with the dip.
It’s like an eating an entire fajita meal in just one bite!
Make sure you enter the RO*TEL Dip For The Win Sweepstakes for a chance to win these awesome prizes! It ends 10/22/17.
- Grand Prize Winner will win a 55″ Smart TV, crock pot and $450 Walmart gift card
- 3 weekly prizes to win a crock pot plus a $450 Walmart gift card
- Winner will be announced 10/23/17
What’s your favorite snack when you’re watching the game?