Don’t you just love it when you give someone a taste of a new recipe and their reaction is a look of bliss? I know I do! And that is what happens every time I’ve given one of these cookies to someone! I’m so happy they came out so good and stay so soft. Three days after baking my test batch, and they are still amazingly soft and magically delicious
I signed up for The Great Cookie Swap of 2013, and we had to make a cookie we’ve never made before. I wasn’t sure what I was going to make at first. I got some inspiration from my Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies. I love those cookies. They stay nice and soft, and they are the kind of cookies that make someone just let out a relaxing sigh as they take a bite.
Instead of being peanut butter and chocolate, I switched things up and made them extra chocolaty and for a holiday twist, they’re minty, too. When you bite into one, it reminds you of eating Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies but even better. My teenager told me today that these are the best cookies she’s ever eaten. After she said that, she promptly took the rest of the bag of cookies and ran to her room to hide them from her siblings. LOL
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of chocolate spread
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 pkg of dark chocolate pudding mix
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup holiday M&Ms
- 1/2 cup Andy’s Peppermint Crunch chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a whoopie pie pan.
- Mix butter, sugars, chocolate spread. Beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, honey, eggs, and beat until creamy.
- Mix flour, pudding mix, salt, and baking soda together. Add 1 cup at a time to the batter. Make sure to scrap down the batter every couple of minutes.
- Fold in the marshmallows, M&Ms, and peppermint crunch chips.
- Put one scoop into each whoopie pie section. Then, push down so it fills most of the whoopie pie.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 cookie