Santa lost his reindeer! We need to go on a Reindeer Hunt to help him find them! This post contains affiliate links.
One of my kids’ favorite activities is the scavenger hunts at the library. Each month they have a different theme. November was dinosaurs, and they are hidden all over the children’s section of the library. We are heading back in a few days, and my kids can’t wait to to see this month’s theme.
Those hunts were the inspiration for this Reindeer hunt. We have two versions. One is easier for little kids, and one is geared towards bigger kids with clues to figure out. When you download the files, you’ll get both!
How do you play the Reindeer Hunt?
No Clues Version
Pages 5 and 6 of the download are the easier version with 9 square reindeers you cut out and hide around the house.
Give your child the page with the circular reindeers. They just circle the reindeer as they find them.
When they’ve found all the reindeer, they turn in their paper for a prize.
Pages 1-4 are the big kid version with clues to find each reindeer.
- Print the Reindeer card clues and cut them out. They are 3.5 x 3.5 inches in size each.
- For best results, print on cardstock. I recommend laminating to use year after year!
- Place clues around the house and outside. Work backwards to ensure you’re hiding them according to the clues.
- Santa is the first clue. You can give them this first clue or put it on a door or the table where they’ll see it
- Rudolph is the last clue.
- You can attach each card to a prize, or have just one prize for the last clue.
Get the Reindeer Hunt Files
Reindeer Hunt Prize Ideas:
Here are a few ideas you can get as prizes for the Reindeer Hunt:
- Reindeer Candy Cane Covers
- PEZ Reindeer Dispensers
- Reindeer Farts Cotton Candy
- Rudolph Snack Mix
- Rudolph Lip Pops
- Rudolph Gummy Snacks
- Reindeer Snot Slime
- Reindeer Headbands
Christmas Songs Playlist
Need to set the mood for your hunt? Grab this Spotify play list with lots of fun reindeer and Christmas songs for kids!
More Christmas Printables for Kids
- Free Kids Christmas Printable Games
- Disney Christmas Gift Exchange Printable Game
- Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Christmas Game Christmas Pictionary!
Christmas Party Treats
We’ve also got a host of Christmas treat recipes for you to choose from.
- How to Make a Christmas Sweets Charcuterie Board
- Easy and Delicious Fudge Stuffed Cookie Bars
- Let’s Make Easy Sugar Cookie Fudge
- Christmas Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Christmas Santa Belly Treats
- Sugar Plum Cupcakes
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Snow Globe Christmas Treats for Kids
- Jack Frost Christmas Chocolate Bark