Want an easy homemade Valentine to give out for your Valentine? Make these adorable Rice Krispies Treat Kisses complete with little paper tags!
They are so easy to make because you just make the usual Rice Krispies Treats and wrap them in foil like Hershey Kisses!
What do you need to make Rice Krispies Treats Kisses?
You’ll need a few things:
- a box of Rice Krispies
- printable paper tags
How do you make the Rice Krispies Kisses?
These little Rice Crispy Treat Kisses are perfect for a Valentine party or hiding in your family’s lunches. They’re just so fun! Earlier this week, I hid them in each of my kids’ lunches and Nate’s, too. They loved them!
Make sure you don’t add extra marshmallows to this recipe. I usually make my rice crispy treats with an entire extra bag of marshmallows, but it will not work for this. You need the treats to be pliable and hold their shape, which works great for the typical recipe for making rice crispy treats.
It’s fairly easy to make the treats into kiss shapes. One thing I do suggest is waiting for about 4-5 minutes so that the marshmallows become more of a tacky texture to work with. Otherwise, it’s just complete goo and will melt into a puddle.
Making the Rice Krispie Kisses
The secret to making these easy is to use a lightweight foil. I made the mistake of using heavyweight, and it would just not work. When I switched to the cheap light foil, it worked perfectly.
Pull off square sheets.
Then, lay the kiss in the middle, and pull up the sides all the way around.
Gather it just above the top of the kiss and fold it in a twisting way in one direction. You’re twisting it around the kiss treat.
While twisting it around the kiss, insert the strip banner near the middle top and position it so that it points diagonally upwards.
When you’re reading to trim the top, do so in a rounded manner like the tutorial below. This will make it easy to twist the top into a perfect kiss shape.
Download the Paper Tag Printables
I made up cute little printables to add as kiss banners. They’ll print in landscape mode. Then, just cut them into strips and insert them into the foil.
More Printable Valentines
Need more valentines? Here’s a few more you can print:
- I Lava You Free Printable Kids Valentines
- You are One in a MINION, Valentine!
- Dinosaur Valentines – You Make My Heart SAUR!
- More than Printable 20 Valentine Ideas for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Love Bombs
- Octopus Valentine Fruit Cups
- Candy Flower Crowns for Valentine’s Day
- Printable Valentine’s Day Dessert Puns
- Wednesday Addams Printable Valentines
- Pretzel Fishing Rods
Valentine’s Day Treats
Want to making something fun to eat for Valentine’s Day?
- Valentine’s Day Hawaiian Punch Pink Float
- How to Make Valentine’s Day Strawberry Hand Pies
- Last Minute Valentine Heart Treats
- Valentine Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Easily Make Valentine’s Day Puff Pastry Hand Pies
- Valentine Volcano Cookies
- Valentine Bear Cupcakes
- Anti-Valentine’s Day Heart Cupcakes
- Love Bug Monster Valentine Cupcakes
- Pink Velvet Cupcakes
- LadyBug Love Cookies
Valentine’s Day Fun
Here’s some printable fun you can instantly download. There’s stuff for kids and grownups!
- Free Printable Kids Roll a Sweet Valentine Game
- Free Kids Valentine’s Day Printable Games
- Three Free Printable Valentine’s Day Party Games
- Valentine’s Day Treasure Hunt
- Play I Love You Bingo with your Love with this Free Printable!
- Valentine’s Day Care Package for College Kids
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- funnel - for shaping
- square sheets of thin aluminium foil
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl for 30 sec - 1 min.
- Pour marshmallows into bowl and mix with melted butter.
- Heat in microwave for 30 sec. Check and stir. Then, heat for an additional 20-30 seconds to melt marshmallows completely.
- Pour in 6 cups of rice crispy cereal.
- Allow the cereal to cool for about 4-5 minutes before shaping into kiss shapes.
- Wrap in foil - use a thin foil for easier wrapping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.