Can you believe it’s almost Halloween? Oh it’s just my favorite time of the year! This hanging jack o’lantern is one of my favorite new pieces! I love decorating the house, and making costumes for the kids, and handing out candy. It’s just so much fun! This is a sponsored post. This post contains affiliate links.
A few weeks ago Walmart started putting out the Halloween candy and supplies, and I was so excited! I’ve already bought my Halloween candy. I found these adorable monster bags full of candy. Aren’t they cute?
These big bags are perfect for our busy neighborhood of trick or treaters. I know I’m not running out of candy this year! They were able to fill up my huge jack o’lantern basket!
This hanging jack o’lantern is an easy tutorial for Halloween. Usually for Halloween I buy fresh pumpkins and carve them, but I decided this year I was buying the fake carving ones so I can just pull them out year after year. Today I’m going to show you how to make a hanging jack o’lantern. This will get you in the Halloween spirit! What’s more Halloween than jack o’lanterns?
What do you need to make a Hanging Jack o’Lantern?
- 1 large fake pumpkin (craft store)
- fake pumpkin carving utensils (craft store)
- 2 cup hooks
- a bag of moss
How do you make a Hanging Jack o’Lantern?
I found specially marked little saws for the fake pumpkins. Honestly, I could not tell the difference between them and the ones for real pumpkins. Anyway, unless you like to fly by the seat of your pants, use a pencil to mark your pumpkin face. You’ll want a HUGE mouth.
Once you’re sure where you want the face to go, get to cutting. This took me a little while as it’s very hard on your hands. I had to take a break.
Once you’ve got it all carved, use an emory board to smooth out the rough edges around the mouth and face.
Next, break out the bag of moss and pull out a handful and position it in the mouth. Then, add a candle.
For Halloween, I’m going to replace the real candle with those fake battery operated ones, but for now, I like the rustic look of a candle.
Stand back and be pleased with your creation! Now it’s time to hang it!
Now take one of your cup hooks and twist it into the stem of the pumpkin. These only hold about five pounds or so, but these fake pumpkins are so light, it works fine. Hook another into the ceiling of your porch. Then, string up the pumpkin with some twine or thin rope, and you’re done!
When you head to Walmart to pick up supplies to make this fun hanging jack o’lantern, make sure to grab Hershey’s Candy special Halloween variety bags! It’s a must for the Halloween season and the perfect addition to your festivities!
More Halloween Tutorials
Want to make more fun stuff for Halloween? Here’s a few ideas:
- Halloween DIY: Flickering Spider Lights
- How to Make a Halloween Cotton Spider Web Wreath
- Make DIY Halloween Spell Bottle Necklaces
- Halloween Ghost in a Jar
- Halloween Outdoor Decorations: It’s a Witch Crashing!
- How to Make DIY Vintage Halloween Ornaments
Halloween Treats & Eats
Need Halloween treat ideas? Check out a few of these:
- How to make Halloween Spider Cheesecake Bites
- Instant Halloween Witch Finger Cupcakes
- Easy Halloween Treats: Monster Toe on a Stick
- Halloween Bloody Screaming Donuts in the Air Fryer
- Halloween Peanut Butter Ghost Brownies with Fudge Frosting
- Let’s Make Witch’s Brew Halloween Brownies
- How to Make Vampire Kiss Cookies for Halloween
Halloween Party Fun
Having a Halloween party? Need some ideas to get the party started? Check out some of these fun free printables. There’s something for everyone:
- Free Kids Printable Halloween I Spy Games
- Free Printable Halloween Name That Tune Game
- Halloween Games for Kids and Adults
- Free Printable Neighborhood Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Free Kids Halloween Printable Games