Need some Halloween cupcakes fast? Turn store bought cupcakes and circus peanuts into Witch Finger Cupcakes literally in minutes! This post contains affiliate links.
What do you need to make Witch Finger Cupcakes?
- Cupcakes, and store bought are totally fine!
- Colorful sugar crystals. I recommend green, purple or black to go along with the “witch finger.”
- Circus Peanuts
- Nerds Candy Corn or regular jelly beans (in green, black, or purple)
- Halloween-themed cupcake liners
How do you make the Witch Fingers?
One thing I found with the Circus Peanuts I bought was that half the candies had the brand name of the candy written across them instead of looking like a wrinkled peanut. You want the “wrinkled peanut” look so it looks like a wrinkled witch finger, so you might need to buy an extra bag of circus peanuts to make sure you have enough that don’t have the writing on them.
I thought the new Nerds Candy Corn made perfect witch fingernails, so that’s what I used. But, if you can’t find them, I recommend using jelly beans and slicing them in half lengthwise.
With the Nerds Candy Corn, I tried two methods to get the candy corn to stick.
- First, I melted some chocolate chips and added a dab and then pushed down the candy corn fingernail.
- Second, I just dabbed a little bit of water and stuck the candy corn fingernail.
Both methods worked just fine.
How to add the Witch Fingers to Cupcakes?
If you bought store cupcakes, then make sure the frosting is room temperature before adding the witch fingers. I found the frosting from cold cupcakes that were refrigerated was too hard to push the fingers into.
Secondly, I like to put the cupcakes into fun and colorful cupcake liners. You don’t need to remove the original liners — just place the cupcakes into new ones for a cute and colorful look.
Then, gently push the witch fingers at a angle so it looks like it’s coming out of the cupcake. We tried a few different methods and found that looked the best.
Finish them off with a dash or two of sugar crystals to complete the look.
And, you’re ready to serve! These take no time at all!
More Halloween Treats
If you love making spooky Halloween treats, check out a few of these:
- Monster Toe on a Stick
- How to Make Vampire Kiss Cookies for Halloween
- Halloween Peanut Butter Ghost Brownies with Fudge Frosting
- Let’s Make Witch’s Brew Halloween Brownies
- Brimstone Brownies
- How to make Rice Krispies Brains
More Halloween Party Fun
We have tons of free printable puzzles and games just for Halloween. Check them out here:
- How to Make a Halloween Escape Room at Home
- Halloween Games for Kids and Adults
- Let’s Go on a Halloween Treasure Hunt
- Free Kids Halloween Printable Games
Get the Halloween Game eBook
Want all our Halloween games? Instantly download a 45-page Spooky Halloween Game eBook with all the fun games from The TipToe Fairy for just $5! You’ll get:
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Halloween Treasure Hunt
- 5-pack of printables Halloween games – word search, crossword, maze, and secret messages!
- Scary Movie Trivia Games for kids and adults
- Halloween Pictionary
- 10 Harry Potter Movie Bingo Cards
- 12 Halloween themed Bingo Cards
- 3 I Spy Games