This is a sponsored post for Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
Halloween is just around the corner, and I’ve got some fun Halloween spider treats for little ones and adults! Your guests are going to love both of these. Plus, you can find everything at Kroger!
This first one my kids just love. We call it Edible OREO Spider Webs. It’s a white chocolate bark made from melted white chocolate chips. I just cover a cookie pan with parchment paper and then spread the melted chocolate chips around. When the bark is still warm, add OREO cookies all through it. Make sure to leave room to add legs for your spiders. Then, put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour to harden up.
Next, melt the semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave and transfer to a zipper baggie. Snip a tiny edge off the corner and pipe 8 little spider legs around each spider. Then, use the melted chocolate to attach the candy eyes.
Lastly, melt the last of the white chocolate chips and transfer to a zipper baggie. Snip off a tiny corner and go back and forth along the entire bark, over everything, to give it a messy spider web kind of look.
Let it harden for a few minutes and then break it up into chunks. I broke them up so a whole spider would be in each piece.Print
Edible OREO Spider Webs
- 3 12 oz bags of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 OREO cookies
- candy eyes
Spider Cheesecake Bites
- 24 OREO cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- black licorice laces
- candy eyes
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
Edible OREO Spider Webs
- “Place a sheet of parchment paper on an approx. 15.3″” x 10.2″” cookie sheet.
- Reserve 1 cup of white chocolate chips for later.
- Take remaining white chocolate chips and put into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds a time, stirring after each time, until the chips are completely melted (about 2 minutes).
- Stir until the melted chips are completely smooth.
- Then pour the melted chips onto the parchment paper on the cookie sheet and use a spatula to spread out evenly to the edges.
- Take 8 OREO cookies and place them flat and quickly into the melted white chocolate. Make sure the tops are totally above the melted white chocolate.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for a few minutes to harden the white chocolate.
- While waiting, melt 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips in the same method.
- Transfer the melted semi sweet chocolate to a plastic baggie.
- Snip off the very tip of the baggie corner and pipe legs around each OREO to look like a spider.
- Use the leftover chocolate and add a dot to the back of a candy eye.
- Add 2 candy eyes to each OREO cookie.
- Take the 1 cup of white chocolate chips you reserved and melt them in the same method as before.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, dip a fork in it and drizzle chocolate over the spiders and entire chocolate bark to be like spiderwebs.
- Place the cookie sheet back into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use a knife to cut the bark into pieces.
Spider Cheesecake Bites
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place 12 foil cupcake liners into a muffin tin.
- Combine 6 whole OREO cookies and the 2 tablespoons of whipping cream in a baggie. Shake up the baggie so that the OREOs can soften with the whipping cream.
- Take another 6 OREO cookies and remove the icing so you will end up with 12 OREO wafers.
- Place one of these OREO wafers into the bottom of each foil cupcake liner.
- With an electric mixer combine the cream cheese and sugar.
- Next add the vanilla.
- Slowly add the lightly beaten egg to the mixture. Do not overmix.
- Take the baggie with the OREOs and whipping cream and they should be soft enough to mash up completely.
- Once it is mashed with just a few larger pieces, add it to the mixing bowl and gently mix it in with a spatula.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 1/2 way with the cream cheese batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until it’s just a tiny bit jiggly in the center.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15-30 minutes and then place in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- While the mini cheesecakes are cooling, make the OREO spiders with the remaining 12 OREO cookies.
- Take 1 licorce lace and cut into fourths. Do this 12 times.
- Take the top off an OREO cookie, lay 4 pieces of cut licorice laces down in the icing, then add the top of the OREO back. Do this 12 times for 12 spiders.
- When the mini cheesecakes are ready, gently remove them from the foil cupcake liners.
- Take one OREO spider and set it on top of a cheesecake. Gently insert the ends of its legs into the top of the sides of the cheesecake.
- Take the 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish. Stir every 30 seconds. They should be melted in about 1 minute.
- With a toothpick, add a little bit of chocolate to the back of the candy eyes. Add 2 candy eyes per OREO cookie.
For the adults, these are my favorite Halloween treat – Spider Cheesecake Bites. They’re cookies and cream cheesecake bites with a whole OREO as the crust.
To make the cookies and cream I combine whole OREO cookies with some whipping cream in a zipper bag. I let them get all mushy for a few minutes. Then, I squish the bag up and add the squished contents to the cheesecake batter. That way you don’t have any hard cookie pieces in your cheesecake.
While the cheesecake bites are cooling after baking, I make the OREO spiders. These are so incredibly easy and they come out looking amazing!
Take licorice laces and cut them into 6-inch pieces. You’ll need 4 pieces for each spider. Just simply take the top off the OREO cookie, place the laces down into the icing, and then put the cookie top back on. Then, just use a little melted chocolate chips to glue the eyes on to the top of each cookie. If you find the top of the OREO wants to pop off, then just add a dab of the melted chocolate chips to the underside of the top cookie, and it’ll stick just fine.
Then, set the OREO spider on top of the mini cheesecake and insert the legs around the sides. Now you’ve got some spiders holding on to your mini cheesecakes!
I can’t wait to see if these were the hit of your Halloween party! My husband took the extras of both of these recipes to work, and people just went crazy for how cute they were.
Check out all the coupons for all your Halloween food supplies like Snack Pack, Oreo, Fanta, Swedish Fish, and Sour Patch kids before you head to Kroger!
Don’t forget to shop now at any of the Kroger family of stores City Market, Baker’s, Dillon’s, Food 4 Less, Foods Co, Fred Meyer, Fry’s, Gerbe’s, Jay C, King Soopers, Owen’s, Pay Less, QFC, Ralph’s Smith’s.