Need an easy and quick dinner idea for those chicken breasts you’ve got defrosting in the fridge? Try this BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza. It’s kid friendly and delicious!
This is also a great meal when you have leftover chicken breast or shredded chicken and need a new meal idea! Even the kids can help make dinner with this one!
What ingredients do you need to make BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza?
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Chicken Breasts
- Colby Jack Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- 2 Artisan Flatbreads – You can substitute naan bread or pita bread or even thick flour tortillas.
How do you make BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza?
Pizza is so easy to make when you don’t have to make the dough.
If you can’t find flatbread, you can substitute ready made pizza crust like Boboli or Pita Bread or my personal favorite — naan bread!
If you don’t have leftover chicken breasts, you’ll need to start by baking the chicken breasts. This is a simple recipe to put together when you have chicken breasts and can’t think of anything to do with them.
First, you’ll want to drizzle olive oil over the baking pan.
Then, place the chicken breasts in the olive oil on the baking pan.
Drizzle the other half of the olive oil over the chicken breasts.
Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, as desired.
Bake the chicken breasts for 30 minutes. When they’re ready, make sure the internal temperature should read 165 F degrees.
Once the chicken is cooked, let it cool for a couple minutes and then use two forks to shred the chicken.
Now we can make the pizza!
If you are using artisan flatbread, make the pizza on the flat bottom side of the flatbread. This will allow the textured side to be flaky.
These directions assume you’ll have two artisan flatbreads, but if you end up using pita or naan bread, then you’ll most likely need 4 pieces, so divide everything into 4ths instead of half.
Spread half of the barbecue sauce on the bottom of each of the artisan flatbreads (the bottom is the flat side).
Cover each of the flatbreads with half of the shredded chicken.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the shredded chicken for both flatbreads.
Sprinkle the oregano over the shredded cheese for both flatbreads.
Bake the pizzas for about 7 minutes directly on the racks in the oven. If you want crispier pizza, cook it for a 2-3 more additional minutes.
Remove the pizzas from the oven and cut into squares and serve.
More Pizza Recipes
- Fresh Pizza Dough You Can Freeze
- How to Make the BEST Pizza
- How to Make Your Own Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Make Your Own Cheeseburger Pizzas
- Grilled Fajita Flatbread
- Chicken Nugget Pizza
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1.5 pounds of Chicken Breasts
- 1 ½ cup Colby + Jack Cheese
- 1 ½ cup Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Artisan Flatbreads
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- Drizzle half the olive oil on the baking dish.
- Place the chicken breasts in the olive oil on the baking dish.
- Drizzle the other half of the olive oil over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 30 minutes. The internal temperature should read 165 F degrees.
- Once the chicken is cooked use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Spread half of the barbecue sauce on the bottom of each of the flatbreads (the bottom is the flat side). This will allow the textured side to be flaky.
- Cover each of the flatbreads with half of the shredded chicken.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the shredded chicken on the flatbread.
- Sprinkle the oregano over the shredded cheese on both flatbread.
- Bake the pizzas for 7 minutes directly on the racks in the oven. Can be cooked longer if you want a crispier flatbread.
- Remove from the oven and cut into squares.