[disclaim]This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company®. The opinions and text are all mine.[/disclaim]
Last week I shared my shopping trip to Kroger to grab the brand new Smucker’s Fruit & Honey fruit spreads. My kids and I really love the flavors. They are perfect for a pb&j as well as to top on toast or biscuits and more.
My favorite thing to make with them is mini pies. I just love cute little pies you can hold in your hands. These are made with a mixture of cream cheese and Greek yogurt and then topped with a little bit of Fruit & Honey spread.
Here’s how to make Fruit & Honey Cream Mini Pies:
Unroll the two pie crusts and cut circles that are about 3 inches in diameter. I use a mason jar lid to cut the circles. This gives me about 8 circles per pie crust.
Instead of straight cream cheese, I like to buy cream cheese / greek yogurt. I let it soften, and then add about a tablespoon of sugar. Mix the cream cheese / sugar mixture thoroughly. Then, add about a teaspoon or so to the center of each pie circle.
Next, add about a teaspoon of the Smucker’s Fruit & Honey fruit spreads to the top of each cream cheese. I used three of the flavors:
- Blueberry Lemon
- Triple Berry
I think my favorite is the Triple Berry. I just love berries, and it was perfectly tart and sweet.
Next cover each pie crust with a second pie crust. Press down the edges of the crusts and then crimp them closed. I use my fingers to pinch them closes, but you can also use a fork or your favorite method.
Next, I brush some heavy whipping cream on top of each mini pie before putting them in the oven. Let them bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Then, remove from the oven and let cool before serving.Print
Make miniature hand pies easily with cream cheese and the new Smucker’s Fruit & Honey spreads.
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crusts
- Smucker’s Fruit & Honey fruit spreads
- 4 oz cream cheese / greek yogurt (or plain cream cheese), softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the pie crusts and cut several 3-inch circles. I used a mason jar lid to cut them out, and I got about 8 circles per pie crust.
- Combine the softened cream cheese with the sugar and mix up until well combined.
- Add about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture to the center of eight of the pie circles.
- Next, top the cream cheese with about a teaspoon of one of the Smucker’s Fruit & Honey spreads. Place a second pie crust over one and gently seal the edges all the way around.
- Brush each pie crust with the whipping cream.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool before serving
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
These mini pies are a perfect treat! They’re so easy to make. I make these all the time for gift giving and bake sales. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Don’t forget to grab a coupon before you head out to get some of these new Smucker’s Fruit & Honey fruit spreads! Grab it HERE!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company®. The opinions and text are all mine.