[disclaim]This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dr Pepper®. Game Day Greats brought to you by Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.[/disclaim]
College football season is upon us, and it’s time for some Game Day Greats tailgating snacks! We do a lot of homegating, so we set up a table in front of the couch. I grab some Dr Pepper® and put it on ice. Then, I make some favorite snacks like Hot & Cheesy Ham Sliders, and everyone chows down while we cheer for our favorite schools.
I swear Dr Pepper® is the unofficial drink of Texas. It’s the drink of choice around here, especially when it’s time to watch the game. I don’t even have to ask Nate what he wants to drink. I just hand him a Dr Pepper®, and he’s happy.
With upcoming college games this weekend, I just stopped by Kroger and grabbed Dr Pepper® and a few more things for our own little homegating. This time, I also picked up ingredients for some easy snacks with Cheez-Its® and Keebler® Town House® crackers and some freshly made guacamole.
Here’s a few tips to make your homegating get together easy:
- Don’t create an entire meal. Small snacks and appetizers are perfect to keep the crowd happy. It’s less work, and everyone loves the variety.
- Need to get the Dr Pepper® cold fast? Make a slurry with both ice and water and put the drinks in it. Your drinks will be cold in no time.
- Use raised glasses such a martini glass for dips. You can place the glass right into the chip bowl and add chips all around.
- Place several small bowls around the table full of crackers like Cheez-Its® or chips so everyone has access to the food.
- Make sure to include a fun football-themed dessert. I found some adorable football brownies at the store that the kids just loved.
These Hot and Cheesy Ham Sandwiches are melt in your mouth amazing! You can whip them up for the game in no time, and they pair perfectly with a nice cold Dr Pepper®!
These sliders work perfectly with your favorite dinner rolls sliced in half. Then, fill them with ham or turkey cold cuts and your favorite sliced cheese. I used ham and cheddar.
Turn these sliders into a one of a kind snack when you add a sweet and savory poppy seed glaze that just makes them over the top delicious!Print
Need a great little snack for all those football games? Try these!
- 1 dozen dinner rolls
- 12 slices of ham cold cuts
- 12 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Slice open the dinner rolls and layer with ham and cheese.
- Combine butter, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then microwave for an additional minute.
- Pour over the tops of the sandwiches.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until glaze is mostly dried.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Baking these sliders for a few minutes makes them absolutely amazing. The rolls get toasty, the cheese gets gooey, and the glaze sets to make these sliders Game Day Greats!
Stay tuned! I’ll be sharing how to make these Bacon Cheesy crackers soon!
Need some great tailgating or homegating plans? Check out some more one of a kind ideas on the Game Day Greats site HERE!
Don’t forget! When you’re headed to Kroger look for the in-store sweepstakes with Miller Coors®/Kellogg’s®/Dr Pepper® for fly away trips to Rivalry Games. Visit Kroger for more details.
What’s your favorite game time snacks?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dr Pepper®. Game Day Greats brought to you by Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.