With the pandemic still keeping us mostly at home, I love creating fun things to do with the kids around the house, and this Fairytale Scavenger Hunt is perfect and so easy to do for just that!
I love fairytales, and I love reading them to my kids. The magic in the stories gives them all kinds of fun creative ideas, so I love to encourage that.
How do you have a Fairytale Scavenger Hunt?
- These are all very common items we all have at home.
- I like to hide these items in plain site all around the house, or even in the backyard, and I let the kids find them.
- If they’re readers, they keep track of the list and carry a pencil to check off.
- If they’re not readers, I keep track of the list and just tell them an item to find.
- Sometimes we do a competition and sometimes we do it cooperatively.
- Then, we have an magical treat to celebrate finishing the hunt!
Get the Fairytale Scavenger Hunt
A Fairytale Playlist
Would you like to set the mood for this fun scavenger hunt through the house and backyard? Grab this Fairytale Playlist to play while the kids are doing their fairytale scavenger hunt.
More Fairytale Fun
If you’d like to add some food, fun and crafts, we’ve got tons of ideas.
You can make magic wands with just paper or fairy wands from tulle! Make an upside down plum cake for the trolls. Make a beard out of yarn to dress up like one of Snow White’s Seven Dwarves or a sew a royal crown out of fleece.