In celebration of the Sleeping Beauty DVD being released from the Disney vault, we had a princess tea party this weekend! Every princess needs a tea party at least once. My 4 yr old, the current resident princess, helped me plan our party. This is a sponsored post. This post contains affiliate links.
For our menu, we chose Fairy Bread, Mini Cupcakes, and Mini Jam Tarts. Since, it was the Fall, we chose a sweetened Orange Spice tea, along with real cream and sugar.
After we planned our menu, we went to Walmart and picked up lots of princess-y things. Molly’s favorite princess is Sophia the First, so we got a Sophia the First costume and crown as well as plates, cups, and napkins. Then we picked up extra crowns, in case, anybody else at the tea party wanted to be a princess, too.
Molly has never seen Sleeping Beauty, so we got the DVD to watch after our tea party. Then, while we were shopping in the toys for her perfect princess dress, we found a Sleeping Beauty tea set! Molly was thrilled!
When it came time to have our fancy tea party, we invited Daddy and Mr. E and Miss Em. Miss Molly decided she wanted to be Ariel instead of Sophia the First at the very last minute, so Em helped her with a quick costume change while I got the table ready for our tea party.
How to Make Fairy Bread
One of their favorites from the princess tea party was Fairy Bread. It really takes a snap to make and goes perfectly with a tea party. Here’s how we made it:
Find some fun cookie cutter or sandwich cutter shapes. I used a large flower shape and a tiny flower shape.
For each sandwich, cut out 2 slices of bread. Then, take the first slice and cut out the tiny shape in the middle, too.
Smear butter or cream cheese on one slice of bread, and then cover it in sprinkles or sugar (we used sugar).
Top with the first slice of bread.
How to Make Mini Jam Tarts
The Mini Jam Tarts are just as easy to whip up, though they do need to be baked. These were my favorites! I just love little pies and tarts, especially ones filled with apricot jam!
Using a 3-inch circle cookie cutter, cut out 8 circles from each pie crust, for a total of 16.
Add 1 tablespoon of jam to the center of 8 circles.
With the other circles, use a tiny cookie cutter to cut out the center of each – these are the tops.
Place the tops onto the other pie crusts.
Using your fingers, pinch the edges around to look like little flowers (see picture in blog post).
Brush each little tart with whipping cream.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
More Princess Fun
- Free Kids Printable Princess Puzzle Pack
- Free Kids Printable Fairytale Puzzle Pack
- Have a Fairytale Scavenger Hunt
- Tiana’s Frog Punch Drink inspired by Disney’s The Princess and the Frog
- Rapunzel Hair How To
Fairy Bread & Jam Tarts
Fairy Bread Ingredients:
- Sandwich bread
- Cream cheese, softened
- Butter, softened
- Color sprinkles or sugar
Mini Jam Tarts Ingredients
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 jar of fruit jam or preserves
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Find some fun cookie cutter shapes. I used a large flower shape and a tiny flower shape.
- For each sandwich, cut out 2 slices of bread. Then, take the first slice and cut out the tiny shape in the middle, too.
- Smear butter or cream cheese on one slice of bread, and then cover it in sprinkles or sugar (we used sugar).
- Top with the first slice of bread.
Mini Jam Tarts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a 3-inch circle cookie cutter, cut out 8 circles from each pie crust, for a total of 16.
- Add 1 tablespoon of jam to the center of 8 circles.
- With the other circles, use a tiny cookie cutter to cut out the center of each - these are the tops.
- Place the tops onto the other pie crusts.
- Using your fingers, pinch the edges around to look like little flowers (see picture in blog post).
- Brush each little tart with whipping cream.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Come Join Us!
Liked this article and want more? Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube!
Come over and join us on Facebook in the group Recipes, Crafts, and more with TipToe Fairy or Sewing and Crafting with The TipToe Fairy!
Those are such cute decorations! I love the teapots.
Tea Parties are simply the best!
Super cute idea! My little princess is looking forward to Sleeping Beauty as well!!!!
This is so adorable! What a great party. And now all I want to do is make fairy bread!
My goddaughter would love fairy bread!! How fun of a tea party!