This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
In celebration of the Sleeping Beauty DVD being released from the Disney vault, we had a princess tea party this weekend! Every princess needs a tea party at least once. My 4 yr old, the current resident princess, helped me plan our party.
For our menu, we chose Fairy Bread, Mini Cupcakes, and Mini Jam Tarts. Since, it was the Fall, we chose a sweetened Orange Spice tea, along with real cream and sugar.
After we planned our menu, we went to Walmart and picked up lots of princess-y things. Molly’s favorite princess is Sophia the First, so we got a Sophia the First costume and crown as well as plates, cups, and napkins. Then we picked up extra crowns, in case, anybody else at the tea party wanted to be a princess, too.
Molly has never seen Sleeping Beauty, so we got the DVD to watch after our tea party. Then, while we were shopping in the toys for her perfect princess dress, we found a Sleeping Beauty tea set! Molly was thrilled!
When it came time to have our fancy tea party, we invited Daddy and Mr. E and Miss Em. Miss Molly decided she wanted to be Ariel instead of Sophia the First at the very last minute, so Em helped her with a quick costume change while I got the table ready for our tea party.
One of their favorites from the princess tea party was Fairy Bread. It really takes a snap to make and goes perfectly with a tea party. Here’s how we made it:
The Mini Jam Tarts are just as easy to whip up, though they do need to be baked. These were my favorites! I just love little pies and tarts, especially ones filled with apricot jam!
You can find both recipes below:Print
Fairy Bread Ingredients:
- Sandwich bread
- Cream cheese, softened
- Butter, softened
- Color sprinkles or sugar
Mini Jam Tarts Ingredients
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 jar of fruit jam or preserves
- 1–2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Find some fun cookie cutter shapes. I used a large flower shape and a tiny flower shape.
- For each sandwich, cut out 2 slices of bread. Then, take the first slice and cut out the tiny shape in the middle, too.
- Smear butter or cream cheese on one slice of bread, and then cover it in sprinkles or sugar (we used sugar).
- Top with the first slice of bread.
Mini Jam Tarts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a 3-inch circle cookie cutter, cut out 8 circles from each pie crust, for a total of 16.
- Add 1 tablespoon of jam to the center of 8 circles.
- With the other circles, use a tiny cookie cutter to cut out the center of each – these are the tops.
- Place the tops onto the other pie crusts.
- Using your fingers, pinch the edges around to look like little flowers (see picture in blog post).
- Brush each little tart with whipping cream.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
And, this is how we have a princess tea party! Check out our Instagram video from the tea party. We had a lot of fun! Molly can’t wait for our next one.
We had a princess tea party! With fairy bread and apricot jam tarts #DisneyBeauties #CollectiveBias #disney #disneyprincesses #teaparty Recipes will be up on the blog this afternoon!
Do your children like to have tea parties? What are your favorite treats from your tea parties?