I know everybody has their version of the Disney favorite, Dole Whip. I absolutely have to have one every time I go to Disney. After I made a batch of French Cream, I was looking for ways to use it as more than just a fruit dip. Since it has pineapple juice in it and the taste reminded me of a Dole Whip, I decided to turn it into an ice cream and create a creamy delicious pineapple float drink.
This float with pineapple juice is perfect to have at a summer birthday party. It’s tropical, fruity and creamy all at the same time. Did I mention delicious, too? The kids will LOVE it! Nate and the kids all loved taste testing this one. The first thing you must do is make a batch of French Cream, and then turn it into a no churn ice cream.
I used the same method to make French Cream Ice Cream as I did when I made the no churn Twix ice cream. The secret is in using sour cream to thicken the sweetened condensed milk.
The only difference I found when making French Cream Ice Cream is the need to freeze the ice cream longer. I think this is due to the cream cheese in French Cream. It took about 8 hours to harden.
Once the ice cream is ready, you can eat it by itself or make the Pineapple French Cream Float. It’s super yummy. I like to let it melt a bit and then use my straw to mix it all up for extra creaminess.Print
- a batch of
- French Cream Dip
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 scoops of French Cream Ice Cream
- 6 oz pineapple juice
- a dollop of fresh whipped cream
- Mix together sour cream and sweetened condensed milk. It’s okay if it’s a little lumpy.
- Microwave the mixture 30 seconds at a time and then stir until it is thickened.
- Make the
- French Cream Dip
- Add in 1 cup of whipping cream to the French Cream and whip until soft peaks form.
- Add ½ cup of the French Cream mixture to the milk/sour cream mixture and mix.
- Then, fold in the rest of the French Cream mixture into the milk/sour cream mixture.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container with a lid and place in freezer.
- After 1 hour, stir up contents.
- Allow to freeze 6-8 additional hours before serving.
- Pour 6 oz of pineapple into a mason jar.
- Add 2 scoops of French Cream Ice Cream.
- Top off with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy!