With the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend, it will officially be summer which means Ice Cream time like this Homemade Ice Cream with Twix and Milky Way! It’s nearly time for fun summer snacks and recipes! I’m so excited for sleeping late and lazy days and water park fun, and more!
We don’t have an ice cream maker. I find them loud and annoying, but I have learned to make homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker. It’s really so simple, and it comes out delicious!
What do you need to make no churn homemade ice cream?
For making a basic no churn homemade ice cream you’ll need heavy whipping cream, a can of sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, salt, and vanilla.
For turning it into delicious ice cream with Twix and Milky Way you’ll also need those.
The secret ingredient to making this kind of ice cream is sour cream. It thickens the ingredients to allow a dense ice cream to freeze. You can also use yogurt in place of sour cream, but it will not freeze as hard. It will be a lighter ice cream more like the texture of pudding. But, it’s also good!
How do you make Homemade Ice Cream with Twix and Milky Way?
I’ve made this ice cream a few times, but never with candy in it, so I wasn’t sure how it would come out. It was amazing! The chocolate and caramel mixed together to form a creamy sweet ice cream with little pieces of TWIX® cookies. I am definitely making this again!
After my test batch, we headed to the yard to enjoy our ice cream treat on a nice sunny (almost summer!) day!
More No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
- Great White Shark Ice Cream
- Rockin Ice Cream Floats
- Finding Dory Inspired Ice Cream
- Unicorn Ice Cream
- Harry Potter’s Butter Beer Ice Cream
- Homemade Bubblegum Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain or vanilla yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 5 Fun Size Twix
- 5 Fun Size Milky Way
- Freeze mixing bowl for 10-15 minutes.
- Whip cream just until hard peaks form.
- Mix together sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, salt, and Twix and Milky Way bars.
- Heat the candy mixture continually for 30 seconds in the microwave, then stopping and stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Using the back of a spoon crush some of the cookies from the Twix in the mixture.
- Mix in about 1/2 cup of the whipped cream into the melted candy mixture.
- Then, fold in the rest of the whipped cream, gently combining.
- Pour into a freezable container.
- Place in the freezer.
- Check after an hour, stirring the mixture.
- Allow to freeze for an additional 4-5 hours until thoroughly frozen.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 543Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 0gSugar: 39gProtein: 7g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.