What do you get when you combine chocolate, peanut butter cups, and cheesecake? How about a rich and flavorful brownie that leaves you begging for more? That’s why these brownies are called a Triple Threat.
I was in an experimenting mood when I came up with hese. I had a box of brownie mix (hey, it’s easy), and I had a package of peanut butter cups, and a brick of cream cheese. I’d made brownies with both ingredients but never together. So, I thought, what the heck!
I’m glad I did because these things are to die for. I think they can satisfy any craving for chocolate, peanut butter, and even cheesecake. Everyone who had one wanted seconds immediately.
These are quick and easy to make with brownie mix and few ingredients. As you can tell from my crazy cupcakes from a box, I like to take a mix and make it my own.
First make the brownie mix just like it says on the box. Make sure to get a box for a 13 x 9 size pan and not the 8 x 8.
Next, chop up about a dozen snack size peanut butter cups. Then, add them to the brownie batter.
Combine a softened 8 oz brick of cream cheese with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 egg and whip it until smooth. Then, spoon it over the brownie batter and peanut butter cups.
Next take a knife and swirl the brownie batter and cheesecake mixture. Then, it’s ready to go in the oven!
These brownies come out tasting more amazing then they look. They’re great for gift giving. I sometimes give these for teacher appreciation wrapped in parchment paper.
Table of Contents
More Brownie Recipes
- Double Chocolate Toffee Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Cups
- Halloween Peanut Butter Ghost Brownies with Fudge Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cookie Brownie Cups
- Brimstone Brownies
Take your brownie mix up a notch with cheesecake and peanut butter cups.
- 1 brownie mix for 13 x 9 pan
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- about 12 snack-size peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray pan with olive oil.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil until just combined.
- Pour into the pan.
- Next, chop up peanut butter cups and add to the brownie batter.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and egg. Mix until smooth.
- Then, drop spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture over the brownie batter.
- Take a knife and swirl it through the brownie batter, peanut butter cups, and cheesecake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean