You can probably tell just from my name that I’m all about fairies. I love hiding them in my yard and adding a few to the house. And, when it comes to fairy food, I just love to make it! So, it’s no wonder we’ve got Fairy Sweet Rolls today!
Before you get to work on your Fairy Sweet Rolls, you’ll need to make some magical “Fairy Sprinkles.” You’ll need jimmies, nonpareils, and cake confetti sprinkles, which you can find at the craft store.
1 pouch each of:
- Light green
- Hot Pink
- Light Blue
Combine all sprinkles into a closed container and shake until combined.
Now’s it’s time to get your fairy wings out and get to work on these Fairy Sweet Rolls!
Make sure you flour your surface before kneading the dough. Then, knead until it starts bouncing back after touching it. Place dough into a large bowl and brush the top with a tablespoon of oil, as well as the sides of the bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit for an hour.
Once it’s doubled in size, it’s time to roll out. Then, you’ll brush melted butter onto the dough and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar and 1/2 C of the Fairy Sprinkles.
Next, it’s time to roll it into a log and cut the rolls. Place rolls into a baking dish and cover and let them rise for another hour. Then, it’s time to bake!
Fairy Sweet Rolls
I just love fairies and one of my favorite things about fairies is their Fairy Food! These Fairy Sweet Rolls are perfect to share with your fairy friends!
Fairy Sweet Rolls:
- 1 box of Funfetti cake mix
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 2 C warm water
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Sweet Roll Icing:
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp whole milk
Cinnamon roll directions:
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, flour, warm water, and yeast.
- Mix until slightly combined.
- Once combined, place dough onto a floured surface and knead until combined and the dough bounces back after touching it.
- Place dough into a large glass bowl and brush the top of the dough with 1 tablespoon of oil as well as tge sides of the bowl.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit for an hour.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, place dough onto floured surface and roll out to 1/8 inch.
- Brush melted butter onto the dough and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar and 1/2 C of the Fairy sprinkles.
- Roll into a log and cut into rolls.
- Place rolls into a baking dish and cover again for another hour.
- Once the hour is up, preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Once oven is preheated, bake the sweet rolls for 30 minutes.
Sweet Roll Icing:
- Using an electric mixer, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla and whole milk together until smooth and creamy.
- Once the sweet rolls have baked, remove from oven and drizzle the icing onto the sweet rolls.
- Allow the sweet rolls to cool for about 15 minutes before enjoying!