It’s been super chilly here lately, so we’re drinking lots of hot chocolate. This Strawberry Pink Hot Chocolate is perfect for drinking now or on Valentine’s Day with our Roll a Sweet Valentine Dice Game! This post contains affiliate links.
My kids LOVE themed Hot Chocolate drinks. Do yours? One of our favorites is my Coco Inspired Mexican Hot Chocolate. I just recently made a batch for our Encanto movie night over the holidays topped with with whipped cream and gold sugar sprinkles. So good!
Table of Contents
What do you need to make Strawberry Pink Hot Chocolate?
This recipe is enough to make for two people.
You will need:
- vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
- cream cheese cut into small pieces
- strawberry syrup (or strawberry puree)
- pink food coloring – optional
- whipped cream, if desired
How do you make Strawberry Pink Hot Chocolate?
I love making hot chocolate on the stove. There is nothing like made from scratch hot chocolate using melted chocolate and basic ingredients. It always tastes so much better.
In a medium saucepan, warm up the milk over medium heat for 2 minutes as you assemble the ingredients.
Whisk in the vanilla and cream cheese until melted.
Whisk in the white chocolate until melted and smooth.
If you’re having a struggle to get everything blended together, an immersion blender works well, too. You can use the whisk attachment for the hot chocolate. I use mine all the time.
Just a word of caution — if you use the immersion blender and not the whisk attachment, make sure it’s is completely submerged or you risk getting burned from things splattering up on you if it’s not totally submerged. For this reason, when I use an immersion blender on hot stuff, I drape a towel around the top of the bowl or pan and hold it around the immersion blender to prevent anything from splattering on me.
Add the strawberry syrup or strawberry puree last, and adjust the color as desired with the food coloring.
You can use store bought strawberry syrup, but if you want to make fresh strawberry syrup, I have a super simple recipe. It’s perfect to keep on hand to use for ice cream or add to salad.
Ladle into your mugs and add whipped cream.
Can I make Strawberry Pink Hot Chocolate from a Hot Cocoa Mix?
Valentine’s Day Drink Ideas
Not a fan of hot chocolate? Try one of these tasty Valentine drinks!
- A Valentine’s Day Drink – Blood Orangeade
- Valentine Mocktails
- Sweetheart Pink Punch
- Cocktails & Mocktails for Valentine’s Day
- Drink an Aphrodisiac Smoothie
Valentine’s Day Treats
Need something delicious to go along with your strawberry pink hot chocolate? Try one of these:
- How to Make Valentine’s Day Strawberry Hand Pies
- Last Minute Valentine Heart Treats
- Valentine Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Valentine Volcano Cookies
- Valentine Bear Cupcakes
- Love Bug Monster Valentine Cupcakes
- Pink Velvet Cupcakes
- LadyBug Love Cookies
Valentine’s Day Fun
Here’s some printable fun you can instantly download. There’s stuff for kids and grownups!
- Free Printable Kids Roll a Sweet Valentine Game
- Free Kids Valentine’s Day Printable Games
- Three Free Printable Valentine’s Day Party Games
- Valentine’s Day Treasure Hunt
- Play I Love You Bingo with your Love with this Free Printable!
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature* and cut into 16 pieces
- 1-2 Tablespoons strawberry syrup (or 2 Tablespoons strawberry puree)
- Pink food dye, optional
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, warm up the milk over medium heat for 2 minutes as you assemble the ingredients.
- Whisk in the vanilla and cream cheese until melted.
- Whisk in the white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Add the strawberry syrup or puree last, and adjust the color as desired with the food dye.
- Ladle into your serving glasses and add a garnish of whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 689Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 0gSugar: 61gProtein: 15g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.