I just love tiny grape roasted tomatoes. One of my favorite ways to eat them is this simple Roasted Tomato Feta Crostini with Balsamic Glaze. It makes a great appetizer or meal.
You can make just 2-3 slices for yourself as a snack or a meal or the whole loaf to go with dinner as a side dish or an appetizer for a party.
I find all kinds of ways to put roasted tomatoes in recipes. Some of my favorites are this Low Carb Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken Thighs and this Amazing Greek Salad with Steak Bites. This post contains affiliate links.
What do you need to make Roasted Tomato Feta Crostini with Balsamic Glaze?
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 6 oz package of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 loaf of French or Italian bread, even a baguette will work great
- Balsamic glaze
- Olive oil or butter — This steakhouse butter is amazing as base on this crostini!
How do you make Roasted Tomato Feta Crostini with Balsamic Glaze?
I like to make roasted grape tomatoes pretty regularly, so I usually have a container of them ready to go in the fridge.
If you need to roasted the grape tomatoes, this recipe is how I do it. It takes about 20 minutes and then they’re ready to go.
While the grape tomatoes are roasting, you can prepare the toast.
Walmart usually has sliced versions of their French or Italian bread. I like to use that for this recipe because it’s so uniformly sliced. Otherwise, slice your bread about 1/2 inch thick.
If I have garlic butter or steakhouse butter, I add a thin layer on each slice of bread. If I don’t, then I just drizzle a little bit of olive oil on each piece.
Toast the bread to your liking.
When the toast is ready, then it’s ready to add the toppings!
I add about 6-7 roasted tomatoes, a sprinkling of feta cheese, and then a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Then, it’s ready to eat!
You can make your own glaze, but I don’t. I love the De Nigris brand of Balsamic glaze. It is amazing on so many things from this crostini to salad to steak and chicken. I could probably eat it on everything. They have a few different types, even an organic one, but you can usually find the regular one at Walmart or the grocery store.
If I don’t have feta cheese, I add fresh mozzarella pearls. This is also a delicious option.
You can also add fresh herbs like parsley or basil on top of the tomato and feta.
I despise raw onions, but my teenager loves them. So, adding chopped onion with the roasted tomatoes is also another option.
Can you make this Roasted Tomato Feta Crostini with Balsamic Glaze ahead of time?
Unfortunately, no. The toast doesn’t really hold up well with the roasted tomatoes and glaze. It softens and doesn’t have the same amazing flavor as when you’ve made it fresh.
This is also why I don’t keep leftovers of this recipe because it just doesn’t taste the same. It becomes a mushy mess after awhile. But it absolutely tastes amazing when it’s freshly made.
Can you make the roasted grape tomatoes ahead of time?
Yes! In fact, I do this often and keep them in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days. They taste great both cold or warmed up on the crostini — that is your preference.
In fact, sometimes I toast the crostini with the roasted tomatoes before adding the feta cheese.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Fresh Tomato Pasta Sauce You can Freeze
- Balsamic Tomato Salad
- Easy Low Carb Garlic Butter Steak and Zucchini Bites
- Red Italian Salad Dressing
- Easy Grilled Chicken Salad with Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette
- My Secret Ingredient to the BEST Oven Baked Beef Meatballs
- The SECRET to Amazing Garlic Butter Spaghetti
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- balsamic glaze
- olive oil or butter (or garlic butter)
- 1 loaf sliced French or Italian bread
- Roast the grape tomatoes with this recipe. It takes about 20 minutes.
- While the grape tomatoes are roasting, you can prepare the toast.
- Slice your bread about 1/2 inch thick.
- If I have garlic butter or steakhouse butter, I add a thin layer on each slice of bread. If I don't, then I just drizzle a little bit of olive oil on each piece.
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- When the toast is ready, then it's ready to add the toppings!
- Add about 6-7 roasted tomatoes, a sprinkling of feta cheese, and then a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.