This originally was published about 2 years ago as a guest post, but I think that blog is now defunct. Plus, my photography has improved so much I wanted to share it again this year.
Do you have family recipes that just take you back? I definitely do. Heavenly Hashis probably one of my favorites. It reminds me of being a kid and heading over to my grandma and grandpa’s house. Their house always smelled so nice. It was like the scent of Dove soap. I think she put it in the linen closet.
This was one of the hallmark’s of our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. It just wasn’t the same without it. Everyone would ask where it was.
When my mom started hosting holiday meals at our house with her side of the family, we served Heavenly Has. And, this was one of the first things I learned how to make.
Make sure to drain the fruit really well. Then add the marshmallows to the fruit. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
Before I put it in the fridge, I transfer it to the serving bowl. Then, pull it out when you’re ready to serve!Print
An easy holiday fruit salad that comes from an old family recipes
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits
- 2 large cans mandarin oranges
- 1 can fruit cocktail
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- Freeze the mixing bowl for 20 minutes before whipping the cream.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice from the can to the whipping cream as you whip it.
- Stop when soft peaks form.
- Drain the juice for all the cans of fruit and combine in a large bowl.
- Add the bag of marshmallows.
- Then, fold in the whipped cream.
- Cover and put in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Category: Fruit Salad
- Cuisine: American
This delicious fruit salad is just so easy to make. You can make it a day ahead of time to let the fruit juices mix together with the whipped cream, but it also takes great if you just whipped it up before setting it on the table.