[disclaim]This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own. #ThisIsMyTwist [/disclaim]
My grandmother always used Del Monte® green beans for our big family dinners, and she always used whole green beans. She’d add a little bit of bacon grease while they cooked, and they tasted amazing. Her green beans were always my favorite.
With the holidays coming up, it’s a great idea to add a twist to one of your old favorites just to spice things up a bit. Green Bean Casserole is a quintessential classic holiday side dish. I decided to give it a twist with a few extra ingredients for this coming holiday season.
While I was shopping at Walmart, I decided a cheesy, garlic, bacon twist would be perfect. For my recipe, I grabbed cheddar cheese, bacon, Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, as well as Del Monte® Whole Green Beans and French Style Green Beans with Roasted Garlic. I just love roasted garlic!
You can put it all together in the same dish you bake it in.
Add the cheese, bacon, milk, soy sauce, pepper, 1 1/3 cup of the fried onions, and Campbell’s® soup right on top of the green beans.
Then, mix it all up and put it in the oven for 20 minutes or until it’s all bubbly.
When time is up, pull it out and add the last of the crumbled bacon and the fried onions.
Then, top it with the last 1/2 cup of cheese, and bake for an additional five minutes until the cheese is nice and melted.Print
Need to put a twist on green bean casserole? Check this out!
- 2 cans (10.5 oz. each) CampbellâsÂ® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cans (14.5 oz. each) any style Del MonteÂ® Green Beans, drained
- 2 2/3 cups FrenchâsÂ® French Fried Onions
- 6 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir CampbellâsÂ® soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, green beans, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, 3 strips of bacon, chopped, and 1-1/3 cups onions in 3-qt. casserole.
- Bake at 350Â°F, uncovered, for 25 min. or until bean mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Stir bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining onions, bacon and cheese.
- Bake for 5 min. or until cheese is bubbly and onions are golden brown.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
You will not believe how wonderful this Green Bean Casserole smells with the bacon and the garlic and the mushroom soup. I tend to be a very picky person, so whenever someone else has made this casserole I stayed away from it. I seriously could not leave it alone when I made this one. One spoonful and it was just heavenly! I think you are going to love it!
Looking for more great recipe ideas? Check them out HERE! I’d love to know your favorite!
I want to know what you think about Green Bean Casserole! If you take the 10 Minute Survey, you will be receiving a $5 Walmart gift card if you are one of the first 100 people that fully completes the survey (U.S. citizens only, must be 18 years or older to participate).
Next time you’re in Walmart go look at the screens by the green bean casserole display at the end of the aisle. Walmart is picking the best of the ideas to show right there in the store! If you see mine, let me know with a post or a tweet! Make sure to go to thisismytwist.com to see everyone’s suggested twists!