This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.
I don’t know why, but baking individual servings of dishes is just something I love to do, especially during the holidays. It’s just so satisfying to make things like individual meatloaves or pizza muffins or hand pies, so I decided to put a twist on a Green Bean Casserole and make individual Green Bean Casserole Cups!
These just came out so cute! They are simple to make. You just make the traditional Green Bean Casserole, but you put it on a biscuit.
I use the regular size flaky biscuits for this recipe, but I put them in a jumbo muffin tin.
Make sure you spray the muffin tin liberally with nonstick spray, so they are easier to remove when they’re done baking. I have not had a single one stick to the muffin tin (knock on wood!).
Let the biscuits sit a few minutes in the muffin tins and then gently pull them on all sides to make them more “cup” like. This way, when they bake, the sides of the biscuits puff up the sides a little to hold the casserole.
I have a scoop I use to add the green bean casserole to each biscuits. I’m guesstimating each scoop is about 2 tablespoons worth. Since I add 2 scoops per biscuit, I’m guesstimating it’s about 4 tablespoons of the casserole per biscuit.
After you’ve added the casserole to each biscuit, put them in the oven for 15-20 minutes. I usually take them out closer to 15 minutes as I don’t want to burn the biscuits.
Once you remove them from the oven, add about a tablespoon of the onions to each one, and then, bake for an additional 3 minutes.
I find it easier to take them out of the muffin tin when they’re done when I use the big muffin tin. I just gently slide a fork under each one and lift it directly out onto the plate. I also do it just a couple minutes after they come out of the oven, so I don’t run the risk of them sticking to the pan.Print
Here’s a quick way to serve individual green bean casserole cups!
- 2 cans (10.5 oz. each) CampbellâsÂ® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cans (14.5 oz. each) any style Del MonteÂ® Green Beans, drained
- 2 2/3 cups FrenchâsÂ® French Fried Onions
- 2–3 cans of refrigerated flaky biscuits (10-count tubes of biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, green beans, and 1-1/3 cups onions in 3-qt. casserole.
- Spray a jumbo muffin tin with nonstick spray. Then, place a biscuit in the bottom of each tin.
- Gently pull the biscuit from side to side to make it more “cup” like.
- Place two medium ice cream scoops of the casserole on top of each biscuit.
- Bake at 350Â°F, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until bean mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
These are perfect for a pot luck dinner! You can get about 24 or so Green Bean Casserole Cups out of this recipe, and it’s so easy to serve.