[disclaim]As a Hamilton Beach Ambassador, I am compensated with products for honest reviews. All opinions are 100% mine.[/disclaim]
Down here in Texas the weather has finally taken a turn to colder temperatures, and by colder, I mean 73 for the high and 57 for the low. That’s coat wearing weather in these parts!
When it gets cooler like this, I love to make hearty meals that will warm you up like this easy slow cooker chili. It’s still a bit too hot to keep the stove on all day, so I love to use my slow cooker. I just got a new one from Hamilton Beach — the exclusive Programmable Stay or Go® 6 Quart Slow Cooker! It’s only available at Walmart!
I have to say this is my favorite slow cooker ever. It’s all about the hinged lid! No more having to set a heavy glass lid somewhere while I add ingredients or serve the meal, or worry about it falling off when I take it to a potluck. It latches so I lock it down. Plus, it comes right off for easy cleaning. This one has some great features:
- Flexible programming options
- Single clip quickly seals lid onto base to reduce messy spills
- Bring 6 quarts of hot food to tailgates or parties anytime
- Hinged lid stays up then easily detaches for dishwasher cleanup
- Perfect size for 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast
- Dishwasher safe lid & stoneware
- Choose high, low & warm temperature
- Automatically switches to warm after cooking
- Select 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 hours of cooking time
I found a package of sourdough bread bowls at my local warehouse store the other day in the freezer section. I love a good hearty chili in a bread bowl, and sourdough is my absolute favorite. I knew what we were going to have for dinner this week!
I gave a little sneak peek on Instagram last week. Here in Texas we make our chili without beans, so this chili is mainly ground beef, crushed tomatoes, garlic, and spices. But, if you’re partial to beans in your chili, feel free to add a can of chili hot beans (these are Ranch style beans here in Texas) or kidney beans to this recipe.Print
Chili is a perfect Fall or Winter meal in the slow cooker!
- 2.5 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- While ground beef is cooking, set slow cooker to low and add crushed tomatoes and garlic.
- When the ground beef is ready, pour it into the slow cooker.
- Add the olive oil, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Next, add the Worcestershire sauce and sugar.
- Mix it all up.
- Cook on low for about 4-5 hours.
- Serve in sourdough bread bowls topped with shredded cheddar and green onions.
I’ve made this a couple of times, and it comes out just divine. My husband was extremely impressed the first time. He gave me a cockeyed look and said, “You’ve never made chili before?” I laughed and said, “Nope!” Both he and my picky, picky teenager devoured their bread bowls full of chili. I just love it when they enjoy something I make like that.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? Download this cookbook full of slow cooker recipes courtesy of Hamilton Beach. Grab it HERE!
You can win one of these exclusive Programmable Stay or Go® 6 Quart Slow Cookers! Just enter below. Good luck!