This post is sponsored by VELVEETA®. All opinions are my own.
Sundays are definitely for brunch.It’s our lazy day. My family usually sleeps late, including me, so breakfast is usually brunch around 11 or 12. In keeping with a lazy Sunday, I like to make a lazy all-in-one meal. I like to make something that just takes minutes to whip up that I can throw in the oven and forget about for a little while. My Breakfast Shepherd’s Pie is perfect for that kind of day.
This is a family favorite that only has five ingredients (if you don’t count the salt and pepper!) including Liquid Gold – VELVEETA®. It’s just hash browns, bacon, milk, VELVEETA®, and eggs. How much easier can it get?
Let the hash browns defrost from the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. I usually forget this step, so I throw the hash browns in the casserole dish and put it in the preheating oven while I’m grabbing everything else. After a few minutes, they’re defrosted, and it’s good to go!
Next, cube about 16 oz of VELVEETA® and heat it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Then, stir and add milk, and heat it for an additional minute or so. You want to be able to pour it over the dish.
I’ve started buying packs of precooked bacon just for dishes like this, so I pull out about 10-12 slices of precooked bacon, heat them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to get them good and crispy. Then, crumble over the hash browns.
Next, make small little wells around the dish and drop in the eggs. Now add some salt and pepper and it’s baking time. Easy, right?Print
An easy peasy 5-ingredient breakfast casserole.
- 1 pkg of hash browns (diced)
- 8-9 eggs
- 16 oz VELVEETAÂ®, cubed
- 1 cup of milk
- 10-12 precooked bacon slices, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Defrost hash browns for 30 min to 1 hour before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cube VELVEETAÂ® and microwave for 1-2 minutes to melt.
- Add milk to VELVEETAÂ® and stir. Then, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the casserole and mix it up just a bit.
- Cook precooked bacon in the microwave on a paper towel for about 30 seconds to crisp it up.
- Crumble bacon over hash browns.
- Make small wells in the casserole dish.
- Drop a egg over each well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- Turn on broiler and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes until eggs are done.
- Allow to cool before serving.
VELVEETA® lovers know it as Liquid Gold, and it has been a favorite of families since
1928. Known for its smooth, creamy texture and perfect melt, you can use VELVEETA®
in a variety of recipes – and strike Liquid Gold.