Can you believe it’s almost Thanksgiving? I can’t wait for the food! Next to Halloween, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love to make the dessert, and I love to make it fun. I decided to make my little Minecraft minions a little themed treat to take along to Thanksgiving at grandma’s house. They are just gonna love these Mincraft Creeper Mini Pumpkin Pies.
Usually we head to grandma’s house and almost immediately have our big Thanksgiving meal for lunch. Then, grandpa watches football and the rest of us either have a marathon of board games or video games.
These are very easy to make. I used a jumbo muffin pan and a 6-inch circular cookie cutter to make the pie shells from refrigerated pie crust. Then, I made my usual pumpkin pie (which is my favorite one with evaporated milk on the back of the Libby Pumpkin Pie can).
While they were baking, I used the leftover pie crust and cut out little Minecraft Creeper faces with a knife, It’s pretty simple since you’re basically just cutting straight lines.
While the pies were cooling, I baked the little creeper faces for about 10 minutes. Then, I placed them on the pies, and we now have Creeper Pumpkin Pies!Print
Make your Thanksgiving awesome with Minecraft Creeper Pumpkin Pies
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 4 refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a jumbo muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Lay out the refrigerated pie crusts and cut 3 circles out of each one. Set the leftover crust aside gently.
- Place each pie crust into a muffin tin.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Beat the eggs and then add the pumpkin and mix on medium speed.
- Slowly add the sugar mixture until well combined.
- Next, slowly add the evaporated milk until well combined.
- Fill each pie about 2/3 full of pumpkin pie batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Then, turn the temperature down to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, cut out the Creeper faces, sprinkle with sugar, and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To check if pies are done, insert a knife that will come out clean when the pie is cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the pies are cooling, bake the Creeper faces for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Allow the faces to cool for a couple minutes before gently placing them on the top of each pumpkin pie.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American