Next to Halloween, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. These Minecraft Creeper Mini Pumpkin Pies will definitely work for both!
I love to make the dessert, and I love to make it fun. I decided to make my little Minecraft minions a little themed treat to take along to Thanksgiving at grandma’s house. They are just gonna love these Mincraft Creeper Mini Pumpkin Pies.
Usually we head to grandma’s house and almost immediately have our big Thanksgiving meal for lunch. Then, grandpa watches football and the rest of us either have a marathon of board games or video games.
How do you make Minecraft Creeper Mini Pumpkin Pies?
These are very easy to make. I used a jumbo muffin pan and a 6-inch circular cookie cutter to make the pie shells from refrigerated pie crust. Then, I made my usual pumpkin pie recipe, which is either the Libby’s Pumpkin Pie recipe on the back of the can OR my delicious dulce de leche pumpkin pie. For this recipe, I adapted the Libby recipe for these mini pies.
While the pies are baking, use the leftover pie crust and cut out little Minecraft Creeper faces with a knife. It’s pretty simple since you’re basically just cutting straight lines.
While the pies were cooling, bake the little creeper faces for about 10 minutes. Once cooled, place them on the pies, and we now have Creeper Pumpkin Pies!
More Halloween Treats
- Turn Your Twinkies into Halloween Twinkie Mummies
- Edible Eyeballs on a Stick
- Voodoo Swamp Punch
- Spider Dessert Treats
- Shards of Glass Cupcakes
More Thanksgiving Desserts
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cookie Cups
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Braid
- Heavenly Hash
- How to Make Cherry Fluff Fruit Salad
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies
Minecraft Creeper Pumpkin Pie
Make your Halloween or Thanksgiving awesome with Minecraft Creeper Pumpkin Pies
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 4 refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a jumbo muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Lay out the refrigerated pie crusts and cut 3 circles out of each one. Set the leftover crust aside gently.
- Place each pie crust into a muffin tin.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Beat the eggs and then add the pumpkin and mix on medium speed.
- Slowly add the sugar mixture until well combined.
- Next, slowly add the evaporated milk until well combined.
- Fill each pie about 2/3 full of pumpkin pie batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Then, turn the temperature down to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, cut out the Creeper faces, sprinkle with sugar, and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To check if pies are done, insert a knife that will come out clean when the pie is cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the pies are cooling, bake the Creeper faces for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Allow the faces to cool for a couple minutes before gently placing them on the top of each pumpkin pie.
Ok these mini pies look absolutely delicious and so divine, I have never had pumpkin pies before as its not something very common where I live. Thanks for the recipe.
Those mini pies look sooo cute! I love the way they came out! I know my kids would LOVE to make (and eat) them!
My son is obsessed with Minecraft. I might have to surprise him tomorrow with these pies!
My son loves Minecraft and pie. He’ll get a kick out of this during our holiday party.
These are too cute…my students are ALL into Minecraft so I actually know quite a bit about it!
I wonder if I could get my daughter to try pumpkin pie if it had a creeper on it. She is obsessed with Mindcraft.
Well you are getting the fun mom award this Thanksgiving. What a great idea.
Such a cute idea! Little mini pumpkin pies sound fabulous! Can’t wait for turkey day! Happy Thanksgiving!
Minecraft has been so popular with kids nowadays. Your recipe will surely be appreciated by the kids.
Okay, that Minecraft Creeper Pumpkin Pie might be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! It’s perfect for Minecraft (and pie) lovers <3
Why oh why can’t I be this creative? These are so stinkin cute. My grandkids LOVE minecraft and I’ve just got to make these mini pumpkin pies for them.
What a cute and creative idea! I could totally go for one of those mini pumpkin pies right about now!
these are awesome!!! you’re so crafty and creative!
Now that definitely looked like it came from minecraft – now that is very creative baking skills, haha or knifing, lol… Awesome.. Thanks.
These are indeed awesome Minecraft Creeper Mini Pumpkin Pies. I will have to make these for the kids for sure and have them help me. Thanks for sharing them.
LOVE this! I like these little pie recipes I’m starting to see they are so cute!
Ha! This is so awesome! My sons would absolutely love this!
I am not a pumpkin person but I love the idea of the mini pies. All of the yummy with less guilt.
How many mini pies does this recipe make?
It makes 12.