We’ll go back to some more of our road trip in a few days. Right now, peaches are in season! My mom even found some at the store for 29 cents a pound! Needless to say, I have a TON of peaches. I love to bake with them from peach pie to roasted peaches to grilled peaches and more! These Mini Peach Rustic Tarts are super simple, and you can eat one like a hand pie!
I like to bake these up for an easy dessert when I’m baking a casserole. They cool while we’re eating dinner, and it’s the perfect end to the night.
I use refrigerator pie crusts and cut them into 6-inch circles.
I mix cream cheese and a little powdered sugar. Then, I add some fresh sliced peaches.
Fold the crust around the peaches. There really is not right way to do it.
Just before baking, I brush a little cream on each mini rustic tart to help it brown a little. You can also use an egg wash.
Bake until golden brown and then let them cool while you’re having dinner.Print
- 2-3 large ripe peaches
- 2 refrigerator pie crusts
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Peel and slice the peaches.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Cut 6 inch circles from two refrigerator pie crusts.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to the center of each 6-in pie crust. Spread it out about 2 inches in diameter.
- Add 4-5 slices of peaches.
- Fold pie edges around the peaches.
- Brush the pie crust with whipping cream.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a dash of cinnamon.
You can just pick one up and take a bite or you can make it a little fancy with a sprinkling of cinnamon and a dollop or two of whipped cream.
Looking for more peach recipes? Try these:
What’s your favorite peach dessert?