It’s #IceCreamWeek! All this week I’m bringing you some easy, fun and no churn recipes for ice cream! Monday, we had Unicorn Ice Cream. Today is one of my favorites — Strawberry Peach Vanilla Bean Ice Cream!
This is also a “no churn” recipe, and it’s very flexible. You can use frozen fruit or fresh fruit. I think both turn out delicious in this recipe. I start out with a base of whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and the vanilla beans from 1/2 of a vanilla bean pod. First, I whip it all together, then I start working on the fruit.
In my haste and excitement, I totally forgot to take pictures of the fruit before I pureed it. I combined a cup of strawberries and a cup of sliced peaches and pureed them in the blender with about 1/4 cup of water.
I pour the fruit puree onto the cream mixture and use a knife to swirl it down into it. Then, it’s time to freeze. I like to put my ice creams into the freezer overnight, but 8 hours is about the time it takes to freeze.
Once it’s ready, I love to get a big scoop on a waffle cone on a warm summer night. So, so good!Print
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, beans scraped out into the whipping cream
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup peaches, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- Whip the whipping cream on high in an electric mixer.
- Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk to the whipping cream.
- Scrape out the beans from half of a vanilla bean pod and add them to the cream mixture.
- Continue beating just until hard peaks form.
- Puree strawberries and peaches together with 1/4 cup of water.
- Add the cream mixture to a freezer safe container.
- Add the fruit puree to the top of the cream mixture and swirl with a knife.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
A big Thank You to our sponsors for the goodies and the awesome giveaway. You can win your own Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker:
- Rodelle – http://rodellekitchen.com/ @RodelleV
- Cuisinart – cuisinart.com @Cuisinart
- Zeroll https://www.zeroll.com/
- Tovolo (http://www.tovolo.com @TovoloUS
If you haven’t entered from Monday’s post, here’s the giveaway for the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker plus other goodies!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Looking for more ice cream recipes? Here’s a few more from my fellow bloggers!
Horchata Ice Cream with Dulce de Lecha Swirl via A Cookie Named Desire
Strawberry Peach Ice Cream via The Tip Toe Fairy
Sweet Tea Ice Cream via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream via The Bitterside Of Sweet