Over the weekend, we had our monthly game night with a friend of Nate’s. They usually drink beer and gin and tonic while we play board games, and I usually don’t. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I hate alcohol. I hate the taste of it. Even the fruity alcoholic stuff is not for me. Plus, I’m breastfeeding so I like to stay away from alcohol for the most part.
I decided I wanted something fun and yummy to drink, too, so I chose to whip up some peach lemonade. However, I had about 15 minutes to get it done because I’m a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda chick. I didn’t have time to boil and peel the skin off fresh peaches and then make a syrupy sweet goodness of peaches and sugar. Instead, I whipped my version up with a bag of frozen peaches and a can of frozen lemonade concentrate straight from the freezer.
To top it off I served it country style in mason jars garnished with peach slices. It was delicious! It took just a few minutes to whip up and is great for a party.
4-5 cups ice and water
16 oz bag of frozen peaches
1 cup + 3/4 cup of water
1/2 cup sugar
1 can frozen lemonade + 2 cans water
1. Fill blender to the 4-5 cups mark with a mixture of ice and water.
2. Heat bag of frozen peaches unopened for 3 minutes. Open bag and add sugar and 3/4 c of water.
3. Then, heat for additional 2 minutes. It should feel pretty warm. While it’s still in the bag, squish it around to mix up the peaches, sugar and water.
4. Add peach mixture to blender. Blend until it looks smooth.
5. Pour peach mixture into pitcher through a sieve to strain out chunks.
6. Then, return the leftover peach solids to the blender with a cup of water. Blend for a couple of minutes until completely smooth with no discernible peach chunks.
7. Add lemonade and 2 cans of water to pitcher.
8. Add peach mixture to pitcher. Stir to combine.
9. Taste to determine if you need to dilute it further with another cup or so of water.
10. Optional: If you want it to be pretty, cut a peach into slices and add to pitcher.
11. Serve over ice with a peach slice topped on the glass edge.
Linking @ http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/ http://www.kathewithane.com/ http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/
http://mamaldiane.com/ http://farmhouseporch.blogspot.com/ http://www.homemakeronadime.com/
http://ladybug-blessings.com/ http://cherishedbliss.com/ http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/
http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/ http://www.chef-in-training.com/ http://insidebrucrewlife.com/
http://mandysrecipebox.blogspot.com/ http://bebetsy.com/ http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/
http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/ http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/ http://www.hopestudios.blogspot.com/ http://weliketolearnaswego.blogspot.com/
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/ http://www.finecraftguild.com/ http://thediydreamer.com/
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/ http://www.jaqsstudio.com/ http://www.cleanandscentsible.com/
http://milkandcuddles.com/ http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/ http://www.raegunramblings.com/