Today we’ve got a recipe that just speaks for itself – Strawberry Peach Rustic Fruit Tart. It’s perfect to make with fresh fruit in the summer or frozen fruit in the winter and spring time. And, it’s a snap to whip up for a special weeknight treat.
Even though peaches are not in season during the winter and early spring, I still get a craving for them. I love keeping a bag or two of frozen peaches on hand in the freezer so I can whip up some of my favorite summer desserts.
This recipe is so versatile. You can definitely use fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries. You can also do the same for the peaches. I tend to prefer the frozen peaches because I don’t want to take a lot of time removing the peach skin since it gets a bit tough during the baking process.
You can even add a layer of sweetened cream cheese under the fruit. This is another favorite rustic tart variation my family loves.
This is one of my favorite desserts to whip up. It’s like a pie, but a bit easier since you just fold it over the fruit and bake. If you’re afraid of making a pie for fear of making pretty edges, you really can’t fold this one wrong.
How do you make a Strawberry Peach Rustic Fruit Tart?
This is so easy! Here’s what you need to do:
Let pie crusts sit out for about 30 minutes. I tend to do this while starting dinner. I can whip it up right before I serve the meal. Then, it bakes while we’re eating.
Roll the pie crusts out and lay side by side.
Overlap the pie crusts all the way to the middle and roll with a rolling pin to smooth out to make one big pie crust.
In a bowl mix strawberries, peaches, sugar, and corn starch.
Pour this mixture into the center of the pie crust. HOWEVER, if you want to add a layer of sweetened cream cheese, do that before adding the fruit.
Fold the edges of the pie crust inward over the fruit, but leave the middle open.
Beat one egg.
Brush edges with egg.
Sprinkle with turbinado sugar over the whole tart.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
Allow the tart to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving topped with Reddi-wip or fresh whipped cream!
More Delicious Fruit Desserts
- Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- Peach Toffee Pie
- Not Your Usual Peach Dump Cake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
- Easy French Strawberry Cake
- Braided Triple Berry Cheese Danish
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 8 oz frozen strawberries
- 8 oz frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of turbinado sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Let pie crusts sit out for about 30 minutes.
- Roll the pie crusts out and lay side by side.
- Overlap the pie crusts all the way to the middle and roll with a rolling pin to smooth out to make one big pie crust.
- In a bowl mix strawberries, peaches, sugar, and corn starch.
- Pour into the center of the pie crust.
- Fold the edges of the pie crust inward over the fruit, but leave the middle open.
- Beat one egg.
- Brush edges with egg.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving topped with Reddi-wip!