My husband invited a childhood friend over for dinner as I was making a giant pan of these butter baked pork chops. I decided we needed a dessert. It was Sunday dinner after all.
I found a variation of a peach dump cake on a can of peach pie filling I had way back in the pantry. It called for yellow cake mix, pecans, and toffee. I didn’t have either toffee or pecans, but I did have yellow cake mix. Fun fact — I hate pecans. So if it calls for pecans, I usually leave them out.
What I did have was a bag of Heath milk chocolate toffee bits, so I thought what the heck. Let’s see what this does. I was really wondering how chocolate Heath bar would taste with peaches as it did not sound like it really went together. Boy, was I wrong.
The smell of this cake while it was baking was AH-MAZING! It does take forever to cook, like 45 minutes (so I will be creating an instant pot recipe of this one soon for a quicker version). Luckily, I was able to cook it on the bottom shelf while the pork chops were also cooking. Then, I let it sit for 45 minutes while we were eating dinner, before I served it to everyone.
A dump cake is not really one that lets you slice it up nice. So, I just scooped it out and added a dollop of whipped cream to the top, and then passed it out and hoped for the best. These people raved about. My husband, who never really cares for sweets, ate 2 helpings.
Let me tell you…that cake was delicious, absolutely delicious! I couldn’t believe how good it tasted. The chocolate, cake mix, toffee, and peaches were made for each other. I cannot wait to make this again, and it’s so dang easy.
I forgot to mention — my 8 yr old made this entire cake while I was getting the pork chops ready to bake. She did the whole recipe all by herself!
So here’s the recipe — enjoy — because it’s so good!
More Easy Recipes
- How to Bake a 3 Ingredient Strawberry Cobbler in the Air Fryer
- Easy Peach Cobbler
- Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- Blueberry Crisp in the Air Fryer
Perfect for Having Friends and Family Over:
If you’re having friends over, make this dessert and here’s a few more suggestions for a good time:
This is not your typical peach dump cake. It's got milk chocolate toffee bits, and surprisingly, it tastes just divine!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 can of peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bar Bits
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Pour the entire peach pie filling into an 8 x 8 pan and spread it out across the whole pan.
- Pour the yellow cake mix over the stop and swirl it a little.
- Sprinkle the chocolate toffee over the entire top.
- Cut a whole stick of butter into little squares and dot them all over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream on top.