Need to keep the kids busy? Make some Christmas Lights Slime with them!
It’s such a fun way to keep the kids occupied while you’re needing to do something else, like all the busy activities during Christmas from wrapping presents or addressing Christmas cards.
You could even package it up into little containers as a Christmas party favor or even for the class party.
Free Holiday Snow Globe Gift Tags
Here are some adorable Snow Globe gift tags I’ve made that would be perfect to attach to slime containers for a class party or as Christmas party favors or even prizes for one of our fun Christmas party games like Christmas Name that Tune, Christmas Pictionary, or the Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt.
This Christmas Lights Slime is a green slime made with the new Elmer’s colored glue. It’s also made with beads I found at Hobby Lobby that look like Christmas lights. You can easily find them where they have all the Christmas craft supplies displayed.
- 2 5 oz. bottles Elmer's Colored Glue - green
- 1 package of Christmas lights beads
- 1/4 cup gold glitter
- 8 oz Sta-flo liquid starch
- 10 oz water
- In a medium-sized bowl pour out both bottles of glue.
- Fill each bottle with warm water and pour those out into the glue.
- Add the glitter and the Christmas Lights beads.
- Slowly add about half the starch and stir. If there is still some liquid, add about half of what is left of the starch and keep stirring. If it still looks to runny, or feels too runny while stirring, add the rest of the starch.
- When it looks like a big glob of goo, then stop adding liquid starch. If there's still liquid in the bowl, then keep adding the starch a little bit at a time until it forms a glob.
- Once it's too thick to stir, then start kneading the slime with your hands to work any excess water into it, so that it's no longer sticky.
- Now it's time to play!
More Christmas Crafts
Need more ideas to keep the kids busy this holiday season? Here are a few more fun Christmas crafts to make with the kids during the holidays.
- Mini Christmas Tree Pinatas
- Snowman Bubble Bath
- How to Make Snowman Gum Gifts
- HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolates Christmas Lights Necklace
More Slime Recipes
- Christmas Elf on the Shelf Sparkle Slime
- Purple Snowflake Nutcracker Slime
- Edible Frosting Slime
- Edible Mud Slime Sensory Play
- 25 Slime Recipes Kids Will Love
Free Slime Guide
Don’t forget to grab a copy of our DIY Slime Guide. It has all kinds of tips, tricks, and things you never even thought of when it comes to making slime!