Let’s just say I’ve never been a fan of chicken breasts. I love dark meat chicken, especially on the bone. It’s moist and delicious, and one of my favorite things to eat.
Unfortunately, Nate had an incidence of choking when eating chicken on the bone as a kid, so he hates it. He loves chicken breasts, and I’ve pretty much avoided them like the plague. They always tasted so plain and blah, like cardboard to me.
But, I like to make Nate things he likes, too, so I’ve been trying my hand at chicken breasts. I think I found a winner!
Several years ago, I had found a recipe that involved dipping the chicken in melted butter, then bread crumbs, and then baking them. While that sounds heavenly, I wasn’t too keen on dipping them in butter. So, I came up with a recipe that dips the chicken in olive oil mixed with a few other delicious ingredients (like garlic!) for a healthier meal.
Everyone cleans their plate on garlic cheddar chicken night, and Nate is usually in the fridge eating any leftovers before bedtime It’s so easy to make — just throw it in the oven and come back in 40 minutes and it’s perfect every time.
Every time I cook this dish, the chicken is tender, juicy, and delicious. So, now I’m thinking I just might like chicken breasts!Print
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4–6 chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use cooking spray in a baking sheet or 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Mix one bowl of olive oil, 1 tbs garlic powder, seasoning salt and minced garlic.
- Mix another bowl of bread crumbs (I always use crackers), 1 tbs garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and 2/3 of the cheddar cheese.
- Dip chicken into olive oil mixture then bread crumb mixture and place evenly into pan.
- After you’ve coated all the chicken, then take the leftovers from both bowls and drizzle over all the chicken.
- Five minutes before you take the chicken out, sprinkle the rest of the cheese onto the chicken.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast