Does your family have a movie night? At our house, Family Movie Night Popcorn is a necessity. Sometimes I turn it into an extra fun treat such as Polka Dot Popcorn. This post is sponsored by Pop Secret, but my opinions are all my own.
Unfortunately, when I microwave popcorn, it doesn’t always come out perfect. Quite often it comes out burned, even when I stand there listening for the pops to slow down or if I use the “Popcorn” button on the microwave.
How to make Polka Dot Popcorn?
After you make the perfectly popped Pop Secret popcorn (say that 3x fast!), then turn it into something fun! For our most recent movie night, I made a delicious popcorn treat for my family. I called it Polka Dot Popcorn.
I used Pop Secret Homestyle popcorn, and it came out perfect, no burned popcorn! Then, I drizzled it with a white chocolate candy coating, and then topped it off with rainbow nonpareils.
It was delicious! Both sweet and salty for a perfect movie night treat! Here is an easy picture guide to make your own Polka Dot Popcorn, and the recipe follows.
Doesn’t it look scrumptious? It’s an easy treat for parties, sleepovers, and so much more!
More Snack Recipes
- Minecraft Muddy Buddies
- Let’s Make Chili Pie Popcorn
- Undead Popcorn Treats
- Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies
- Let’s Make Grinch Popcorn for Movie Night!
- Dirty Cookie Popcorn
- Black Widow Popcorn Treat
- Let’s make some Lion King Snack Mix
- 1 bag of Pop Secret Homestyle popcorn
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips or candy melts
- Tiny rainbow nonpareils
- Using the new Perfect Pop app, pop one bag of Pop Secret Homestyle popcorn.
- Pour out the entire bag of popcorn onto a cookie sheet.
- Melt about 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips or candy melts.
- Spoon the white chocolate all over the popcorn.
- Using your hands, work quickly as it's hot, mix the popcorn and chocolate together.
- Then, quickly before it cools, sprinkle the nonpareils liberally all over the popcorn.
- Serve up and enjoy!