Love Frito Chili Pie? Then, you might love this popcorn snack – Chili Pie Popcorn! Follow along as we make it! This is a sponsored post on behalf of Ricos Popcorn. All opinions are my own.
If you’ve ever been to Texas, drove through Texas, or lived in Texas, you probably know we have some pretty iconic foods like fried okra, smoked brisket, Tex-Mex cheese enchiladas, chicken fried steak, and chili.
Did you know chili is our official state food? It’s not Texas chili if it has beans in it. One thing we love to eat with our chili is Frito Pie full of corn chips and chili and topped in cheese and onions. You’ll always find it on the menu at any high school football game concession stand.
I decided to turn Frito Pie into a popcorn flavor — Chili Pie Popcorn.
What do you need to make Chili Pie Popcorn?
You’ll need a couple bags of cheddar popcorn and a bag of chili cheese Fritos. You’ll also need these:
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions
How do you make Chili Pie Popcorn?
This is so easy to make, even the kids can do it!
In a large bowl pour out both bags of white cheddar flavor popcorn.
Add the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and mix thoroughly.
Next, add the cheddar cheese and corn chips and mix again.
Lastly add the green onions and mix.
More Popcorn Recipes
- Black Widow Popcorn Treat
- Lion King Snack Mix
- Polka Dot Popcorn
- Butter Beer Popcorn
- Undead Popcorn Treats
- Let’s Make Grinch Popcorn for Movie Night!
- Sour Patch Popcorn Treats
This Chili Pie Popcorn is reminiscent of those delicious Frito Pies you can get all over Texas.
- 2 bags Ricos Popcorn - White Cheddar Flavor
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 cups chili cheese corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- In a large bowl pour out both bags of Ricos Popcorn in white cheddar flavor.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Next, add the cheddar cheese and corn chips and mix thoroughly.
- Lastly add the green onions and mix.
- Serve immediately.