This is a sponsored post on behalf of Ricos Popcorn. All opinions are my own.
If you’ve ever been to Texas, drove through Texas, or lived in Texas, you probably know we have some pretty iconic foods like fried okra, smoked brisket, Tex-Mex cheese enchiladas, chicken fried steak, and chili.
Did you know chili is our official state food? It’s not Texas chili if it has beans in it. One thing we love to eat with our chili is Frito Pie full of corn chips and chili and topped in cheese and onions. You’ll always find it on the menu at any high school football game concession stand.
I decided to turn Frito Pie into a popcorn flavor — Chili Pie Popcorn. You can check out how I like to make in this video as well as learn about Ricos Popcorn contest – What Makes Texas Pop? You can make a video about what you think makes Texas pop and you could win some big prizes.
Here’s the recipe so you can easily whip up your own batch of Chili Pie Popcorn. My husband and son just love it for snack time.Print
This Chili Pie Popcorn is reminiscent of those delicious Frito Pies you can get all over Texas.
- 2 bags Ricos Popcorn – White Cheddar Flavor
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 cups chili cheese corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- In a large bowl pour out both bags of Ricos Popcorn in white cheddar flavor.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Next, add the cheddar cheese and corn chips and mix thoroughly.
- Lastly add the green onions and mix.
- Serve immediately.
Wanna win big? Head over to WhatMakesTexasPop.com and check out how to enter!