I’m all about girl power in the MCU. We made some Black Widow Popcorn for a delicious movie snack.
It’s very easy to make and has a chocolate/cake batter flavor to it. It’s a mixture of black candy melts and boxed chocolate cake mix mixed into popcorn, and then topped with red M&Ms.
After I made it, I got to thinking it would probably be an awesome treat to make for Halloween, too. I had some fun spider Halloween supplies that I thought would go well with the whole Black Widow theme.
I am loving this spider web bowl! I know my son is going to love this treat when he gets home from school in a little while. A
Table of Contents
How do you make Black Widow Popcorn?
Here’s how easy it is to make this popcorn.
Pop the popcorn and set it aside in a large bowl.
Lay out a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper on a cookie sheet.
Pour the popcorn onto the paper and remove any unpopped kernels.
Next, microwave the candy melts in 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until they are smooth and completely melted.
Add a smidge of shortening or a pinch of EZ Thin to the candy melts and stir until well combined.
Drop spoonfuls of the black candy melts onto the popcorn.
Work quickly and mix with your hands.
Sprinkle the cake mix over the popcorn and mix with your hands again.
Once thoroughly coated, transfer to a cute bowl.
Allow to cool, then, add M&Ms and mix again.
More Avengers & MCU Treats
- AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR – Cake Avengers Infinity Stones
- Avengers Infinity War Thanos Mocktail
- Iron Man Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Guardians of the Galaxy Edible Cookie Dough
- Spider-Man Spider Web Brownies
- ANT-MAN Shrinking Punch
- Marvel Black Panther Inspired Mocktail
- 2 bags of microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 teaspoon shortening (or Wilton's EZ Thin)
- 1 bag of black candy melts
- 1/4 cup dry chocolate cake mix
- red M&Ms
- Pop the popcorn and set it aside in a large bowl.
- Next, microwave the candy melts to thoroughly melt and add the oil. I microwave them 30 seconds at a time. Stir after each time until they are a good consistency.
- Drop spoonfuls of the black candy melts onto the popcorn. Work quickly and mix with your hands.
- Add cake mix and mix with your hands.
- Once thoroughly coated, transfer to a cute bowl.
- Allow to cool, then, add M&Ms.