I attended a free early screening of Disney Avengers Infinity War. All opinions are my own.
Ready for the new Disney Avengers Infinity War movie? We’re celebrating with some Iron Man Ice Cream Sandwiches.
We got the opportunity to check out the new Disney Avengers Infinity War movie at an early screening today. It’s Marvel’s most star-studded movie to date with 76 characters. I won’t give any spoilers, but this movie is HUGE! It’s a culmination of a decade of super hero movies, and it is definitely worth all the hype.
Avengers Infinity War Movie Review
We loved it! If you’re a fan, it’s everything you want you, including all the Guardians of the Galaxy and Black Panther. It had good pacing, funny parts and great action. It does have some really sad parts as well. My husband just loves the characters from Guardians of the Galaxy, so he was thrilled they were included in this one. He was also betting on Groot being a teen in this one since he was a baby in the last Guardians movie. Without giving anything away, I can say the ending is very polarizing. I was surprised my teenager, who is a HUGE Marvel fan, was so spot on with what he thought was going to happen.
I would caution against taking young children since it’s very long at 2 hours and 40 minutes and might be hard to sit through. Otherwise, it’s well worth it and awesome, and we will probably be seeing it again. We can’t wait for part 2!
Now let’s celebrate this movie with some Iron Man Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Iron Man Ice Cream Sandwiches
Once you have made the cookie dough, separate it into two equal parts and place each one in a separate bowl. Use food coloring to color them like Iron Man’s colors with red and gold.
Next, separate the M&M’s so you only have red and yellow. Then, ad chocolate chips and M&M’s to each dough.
Using an small ice cream scoop create a cookie dough ball.
Scoop a portion out of each color and hand combine them and roll in your hands to create a cookie ball. Then, lay it on the cookie sheet. Do this until all the dough is used.
Place the ice cream on one of the cookies bottom side up. Then place the other cookie bottom side down on top of the ice cream.
Pour out the cake sprinkles onto a plate. Roll the edges of the ice cream into the sprinkles. After making each ice cream sandwich, place it on a baking tray covered in parchment paper. Working quickly, do this with the rest of the ice cream and cookies. Then, freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag Mini M&M's baking candies
- Red and Gold food coloring
- Vanilla ice cream
- Star cake sprinkles
- Black, red and gold cake sprinkles.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the sugar mix and mix until combined.
- Add the baking soda and salt and mix.
- Add the flour a cup at a time to the sugar mix.
- Mix until it is completely combined.
- Separate the cookie dough into two equal parts and place each one in a separate bowl.
- Use food coloring to color them like Iron Mans colors with red and gold.
- In another bowl separate the M&M's so you only have red and yellow.
- Add chocolate chips and M&M's to each dough.
- Using an small ice cream scoop create a cookie dough ball.
- Scoop a portion out of each color and hand combine them and roll in your hands to create a cookie ball.
- Slightly press the cookie ball down onto the cookie sheet. Do this until all the dough is used.
- Bake at 375 F degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Take the vanilla ice cream and allow it to melt just slightly.
- Lay scoops of ice cream on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Try to get each scoop about about 2 inches thick.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Use a circle cookie cutter to cut out circles of your ice cream.
- Pour out the cake sprinkles onto a plate.
- Place the ice cream on one of the cookies bottom side up.
- Then place the other cookie bottom side down on top of the ice cream.
- Roll the edges of the ice cream into the sprinkles.
- Place the completed cookie on a baking tray covered in parchment paper.
- Do this with the rest of the ice cream and cookies.
- Freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
Will you be seeing Avengers Infinity War this weekend?