Are you still looking for that great last minute Father’s Day gift? Is your husband or dad a big movie fan? Does he love spicy food, too? How about a Father’s Day Treat & a Movie?
I just picked up the newest Jack Ryan film for Nate for Father’s Day — Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit — while I was running through Walmart last night getting ingredients for some amazing jalapeno poppers as a Dad’s day treat.
This weekend Nate’s going to be able to sit back and relax, watch the movie, and eat some homemade bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers. What more could a dad want?
Did you know Walmart’s exclusive Blu-ray release of Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit is just $12.96? And, to sweeten the deal, you can get $15 off sports tickets at Ticketmaster, too! Hurry! This offer lasts ONLY from Tuesday, 6/10 – Saturday, 6/14.
Nate helped me make this giant shirt origami. I wanted to put a little spin on his gift, and Nate loves origami. I decided his gift would be extra cute in an origami shirt. He’s made them millions of times. I wanted him to teach me, so I could wrap his gift this way.
The Jack Ryan Blue-ray movie 2-pack fit perfectly! SHHH! I didn’t tell him that he was helping me make his own gift wrap!
Ready to wrap that movie 2-pack? Let’s get to it!
Origami Shirt Gift Wrap
- 1 piece of gift wrao 2 ft x 3 ft in length
- 1 pair of scissors
- Optional: Double stick tape to enclose it
Below the instructions are pictures to go step by step. The solid blue is the “right side” and the striped is the “wrong side.”
1. Cut a piece of gift wrap 2 ft x 3 ft in size. Then, fold the paper in half lengthwise to get a good crease.
2. Lay the paper out flat with right side up, and fold down one end, about 3 inches.
3. Flip paper over to wrong side up, and fold paper to that lengthwise center crease on both sides, and make a good crease. At this point it should look like Picture #4.
4. Flip the paper back so that right side is up (with crease in the middle) and fold the top fold you made previously over. It will look like Picture #6.
5. Now flip the paper over so that the lengthwise folds that meet at the center are up. Then, fold the edges of the top fold (the striped fold in the picture) in a diagonal so that the corner of the top folds meet (like a collar) like Picture #7.
6. Staying on the same side, move to the bottom edge of the paper and from the bottom edge to about 8 inches, fold each of the lengthwise folds that meet at the center back 1 inch. At about 8 inches inward, you can tear the paper that 1 inch to make it easier, as shown in picture #8.
7. Then, fold out that exact fold again in a diagonal. This forms the “sleeves” as in picture #9. It doesn’t have to be exact, but you want the sleeve edge (which was that 1 inch fold) to stick out about 2 inches or so, like picture #10
8. Now, lay the movie pack just below the color, and fold up the “front” of the shirt and tuck the top edge under each collar. At this point, you can add double stick tape to the front and pack of the movie pack and under the collar, but that’s optional. It will stay closed just fine without the tape, just be careful when picking it up.
To complete Father’s Day & A Movie, whip up a “manly” movie snack for Dad. Try these bacon-wrapped, lil smokie-stuffed jalapeno poppers! They’re perfect for a Jack Ryan thriller. Just make sure he has a big glass of something to wash them down. They can get intense!Print
- 6–8 jalapenos
- 1 pkg of bacon, cut in half
- 1 pkg of Lil Smokies
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs taco sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash jalapenos and roast for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing in half and removing seeds.
- Mix cream cheese, taco sauce, and garlic salt together.
- Add a small spoonful inside each jalapeno half.
- Add one Lil Smokie to each jalapeno half.
- Wrap one half piece of bacon around the jalapeno and insert a toothpick through the side to keep it wrapped.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Serving Size: 4 poppers
This Walmart Exclusive pack includes both Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit and The Italian Job.
2 Great Movies and $15 off Sports Tickets, all for one very low price! Plus, while you’re there, you can pick up the ingredients to make this great snack!