This is an recipe that I shared three years as a contributor to another blog. However, I just realized that blog is gone, so I wanted to share it here as this is one of my favorite recipes. I often make this dessert when friends or family come over. So here it is….
I know what you’re thinking. Another berry dessert, really? What the heck else can this chick make with berries? I know…I have a problem with berries. You should see all the recipes I whip up with peaches, nectarines, and apricots. I could probably write an entire cookbook with just those three fruits.
But, you won’t believe this one. It’s simply amazing! I just want to kiss this photo. I love the imagery with the pretty pink berry juice dripping out. It’s just telling you to pick up a slice and take a bite. Yum!
A galette is a rustic tart that you just free form on a cookie sheet. It’s just so effortless and easy to make. And, this one has a layer of cream cheese!! It’s like the ultimate in pie laziness. I love that I can just cut it into slices like a pizza and serve.Print
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 4–5 strawberries, quartered
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- On parchment paper on a cookie sheet, lay out the pie crust.
- Combine the softened cream cheese and the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the center of the pie crust. Make sure to leave a ring of pie crust about 4 inches to fold over.
- Combine berries, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, and salt. Mix gently.
- Pour the berry mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold the edges of the pie crust over leaving some of the berry mixture exposed.
- Beat one egg.
- Brush the edges of the pie crust with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove and let cool.
- Cut into slices like a pizza.
This is so simple, you can whip it up for Easter in no time at all, and people will rave about it!
Love berries? Check out these delicious recipes: