This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Are you looking for the perfect recipe for the Big Game? I’ve got one that is going to knock their socks off! It’s Jalapeno Popper Bread. Everyone loves jalapeno poppers, but I’ve turned it into an easy cheesy sliced up bread!
My favorite tips for football-watching parties are easy recipes and finger foods because I don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen during the game. Fortunately, this qualifies as both! You won’t believe how easy this is to make, and takes less than 10 minutes in the oven.
My family LOVES this recipe, and both my husband and son ask for it every football season. The first time my husband tried it, he gave it a 10 out of 10 on his deliciousness scale.
Part of the secret to make this amazing Jalapeno Popper Bread is LA MORENA® Whole Jalapeños. Here in Texas, we are lucky to have access to tons of good quality Mexican foods, which LA MORENA® has been doing for more than 35 years! One of my favorite places to stock up is at La Michoacana, which is were I found LA MORENA® Whole Jalapeños perfect for my Jalapeno Popper Bread.
And thanks to LA MORENA®, you can enter for a chance at some awesome prizes this football season! Enter below:
Here’s how to make this delicious snack:
Chop up some jalapenos. I tend to buy whole jalapenos and chop up 4-5 of them, but you can also buy sliced and chop them up. I usually buy LA MORENA® Whole Jalapeños – 28 oz can so I can make more than one batch of this bread because it goes so fast.
When you chop them up, they don’t have to look pretty as they’re just going into the cheese mix to be a bit like pimento cheese.
Mix up monterey jack cheese, whipped cream cheese, and the chopped jalapenos.
Slice the bread in half. I buy a cheap loaf of French or Italian bread.
Then, spread the jalapeno cheese mixture all over both halves.
Next, sprinkle each half with the rest of the monterey jack cheese. Pop it in the oven for 6 minutes on 400 degrees. While it’s baking, slice 2-3 whole jalapenos to top the bread.
Remove the bread when the cheese is mostly melted and then turn the broiler on to high. Add the sliced jalapenos to the top of the bread and return it to the oven for about 2 minutes. You’ll want to watch it closely as you just want the cheese to brown and bubble just a little.
Remove from oven and let it cool for just a couple minutes before slicing and serving.Print
- 1 loaf of French or Italian bread
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese
- 4-5 LA MORENA® Whole Jalapeños, chopped
- 2-3 LA MORENA® Whole Jalapeños, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Mix up whipped cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of monterey jack cheese, and the chopped jalapenos.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over both halves of bread.
- Sprinkle the rest of monterey jack cheese over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes until cheese is almost completely melted.
- Remove from oven and turn broiler on high.
- Add the slices of jalapenos on each half and broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is slightly browned and a little bubbly.
- Remove from oven, slice, and serve.
Everyone will just devour this. It’s so quick to whip up, you won’t miss much of the game while making an extra batch or two. You can find even more great recipes for the Big Game here!