There is just so much you can do with an Instant Pot, like make Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake! Isn’t that a delicious treat for the Fall season? This post contains affiliate links.
What do you need to make cheesecake in the Instant Pot?
To make a cheesecake in your Instant Pot, you’ll need a springform pan which is a two-piece pan that lets you easily remove a cheesecake. I actually use a springform pan to make cake and cheesecake in the Instant Pot. You’ll also need a trivet, preferably one that has handles that come up high enough to easily remove the springform pan from the Instant Pot.
I have an 8 qt Instant Pot, so I use a 7-inch springform pan. There is also a 6-inch springform pan that fits in smaller Instant Pots. When I got my Instant Pot, I ordered an accessory kit from Amazon that included the springform pan and the trivet with long handles. I have used so many of those accessories, including the magnets with all kinds of cook times.
How do you make an Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake?
Begin by spraying the springform pan with non-stick spray. Then, after combing the ingredients for the crust, press it into the bottom and sides of the springform pan. I like to use my hands first and then something harder like the back of a measuring cup to really press it in.
Optional: Add Nuts to the Crust
You can replace 1/2 cup of the graham crackers with nuts like pecan or walnuts. You’ll need to use a food processor or blender to grind them up to the same consistency as the graham cracker crumbs.
Next, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until it’s light and fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients in and mix until it’s creamy and smooth.
Transfer the cheesecake batter to the pan and pour over the crust. Cover the springform pan with foil.
How do you cook a Pumpkin Cheesecake in the Instant Pot?
Put the pot inside the Instant Pot and then add the trivet. Next, pour in 1 1/2 cups of water.
Carefully place the springform pan on top of the trivet.
Use the manual setting and adjust it to high pressure for 40 minutes. When it’s done, release the pressure for 30 minutes.
Carefully open the lid and remove the cheesecake. Let the cheesecake sit for an hour before putting it in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Topping the Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
At this point, you can be done with the cheesecake and serve it as is without any topping. Or, you can add Cinnamon Whipped Cream to the top of it. Fresh whipped cream can get runny if made ahead of time, so I recommend doing this just before serving.
Beat together the heavy whipping cream, powder sugar and cinnamon until stiff peaks. I like to do this with the electric mixer because it’s faster, but you can also do it by hand with a hand whisk.
More Pumpkin Desserts
- Pumpkin Bread with Salted Caramel Sauce
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Puff Pastry Braid
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cookie Cups
More Fall & Thanksgiving Recipes
- Old Fashioned Cornbread Dressing
- Dreamy Cheese Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Jalapeno Cornbread Dressing
- Heavenly Hash
- Cherry Fluff Salad
- Fall Apple Salad
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs OR (1 cup graham cracker crumbs + 1/2 cup ground pecans or walnuts)
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 - 8oz boxes of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powder sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Spray a springform pan with non-stick oil spray and set aside.
- If using nuts, grind them up with a blender or food processor.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs (and nuts, if using), ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, brown sugar and melted butter and mix together until combined.
- Press into the springform pan.
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the crust.
- Cover with foil.
- Place the pot inside the instant pot. Add the trivet.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water.
- Transfer the cheesecake onto the top of the trivet.
- Use the manual setting and adjust it to high pressure to 40 minutes.
- When done, release the pressure for 30 minutes.
- Carefully open the lid and remove the cheesecake.
- Allow the cheesecake to sit for an hour before moving to the fridge.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream Topping
- An hour before serving, in a large bowl beat together the heavy whipping cream, powder sugar and cinnamon until stiff peaks form.
- Smooth a layer of the whipped cream evenly over the top of the cheesecake.
- Scoop the rest of the whipped cream into the piping bag with a star tip and pipe whipped cream around the edging as desired.