Sweet and savory! Chocolate peanut butter cake pops topped with bacon!
- 1 butter cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla bean yogurt (you can use plain or vanilla)
- 1 bag of peanut butter chips melted
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 can of frosting
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 6–8 strips of precooked crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and yogurt and mix until just combined.
- Melt peanut butter chips over double boiler or in the microwave.
- Once melted, stir in cream.
- With mixer on medium, pour in the melted peanut butter chips and allow to beat for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Then tear up the cake and add frosting,
- Make the cake balls
- Cook about 6-8 pieces of bacon until crispy. Then crumble into very small pieces.
- Over medium low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening until smooth.
- Dip cake balls into the chocolate.
- Immediately set on parchment paper and crumble bacon over the tops.
- Allow to cool and harden before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American