It’s time for the Peanut Butter Bash! This time our ingredients were Peanut Butter and Jelly, which I have loved since the beginning of time. This Peanut Butter & Jelly Tart is super easy to whip up for a weeknight dessert. It’s got some of my favorite things like a flaky puff pastry crust, cream cheese, and peanut butter!
This tart is very reminiscent of my Summer Berry Tart. You make the puff pastry the same exact way, except I did discover something. If you crank the oven up to 400 degrees, the puff pastry is done in about 7-8 minutes versus 10-12 minutes.
While the tart is baking, I whipped up some peanut butter cheesecake.
One the tart had cooled, I pushed down the center to create an crust around the edge and then added the peanut butter cheesecake to the middle.
Then it was time for the jelly. I actually prefer either fruit spread or jam over jelly. I just love the taste of jam over jelly. Recently, I discovered Simple Truth Organic fruit spreads. My kids love these, and they taste amazing. I used their grape fruit spread for this tart.
I took about two tablespoons of the grape fruit spread and heated it in the microwave for about 10 seconds and then stirred it until it was more liquid. Next, I dropped small spoonfuls over the peanut butter cheesecake and then swirled.
More Peanut Butter Recipes
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Donuts
- Vegan Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Toffee Ritz Cracker Crack
- Healthy Peanut Butter Milkshake
- 1 puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons grape jam, jelly, or fruit spread
- Allow the puff pastry to defrost for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay puff pastry on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Gently slice about halfway through the puff pastry about 1 inch from the edges all the way around.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until golden brown.
- When you can touch the puff pastry, push the middle down flat.
- While the pastry is baking, combine peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in an electric mixer and beat on medium high until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the peanut butter cheesecake to the cut edges of the puff pastry.
- Heat the grape jam for about 10 seconds and stir until smooth and a little runny.
- Drop spoonfuls of it all over the peanut butter cheesecake and then swirl gently with a knife.
- Slice and serve immediately!