This post is sponsored by Pop Secret, but my opinions are all my own.
Does your family have a movie night? At our house, Family Movie Night Popcorn is a necessity. Sometimes I turn it into an extra fun treat such as Polka Dot Popcorn.
Unfortunately, when I microwave popcorn, it doesn’t always come out perfect. Quite often it comes out burned, even when I stand there listening for the pops to slow down or if I use the “Popcorn” button on the microwave.
But, now that problem is solved once and for all with Pop Secret’s Perfect Pop App. You don’t have to rely on the popcorn button or listen for the pops because the app listens for you, waiting for the precise moment to let you know when your popcorn is perfect.
You’ll need your iPhone 5+ on iOS 7+ to download the app. Click here to download Perfect Pop for free on the App Store.
Here’s what you do:
1. Put a bag of Pop Secret in the microwave and enter suggested cooking time from the packaging. Note: Perfect Pop is optimized for the deliciousness of Pop Secret popcorn only.
2. Turn up the volume on your iPhone. Point the phone’s speaker towards the microwave and keep within 3 feet.
3. Start the microwave, and then start the app.
Your popcorn comes out PERFECT! Now you can spend more time enjoying movies and less time worrying about burned popcorn!
After you make the perfectly popped Pop Secret popcorn (say that 3x fast!), then turn it into something fun! For our most recent movie night, I made a delicious popcorn treat for my family. I called it Polka Dot Popcorn.
I used the Perfect Pop App to make a bag of Pop Secret Homestyle popcorn, and it came out perfect, no burned popcorn! Then, I drizzled it with a white chocolate candy coating, and then topped it off with rainbow nonpareils.
It was delicious! Both sweet and salty for a perfect movie night treat! Here is an easy picture guide to make your own Polka Dot Popcorn, and the recipe follows.
Doesn’t it look scrumptious? It’s an easy treat for parties, sleepovers, and so much more!
- 1 bag of Pop Secret Homestyle popcorn
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips or candy melts
- Tiny rainbow nonpareils
- Using the new Perfect Pop app, pop one bag of Pop Secret Homestyle popcorn.
- Pour out the entire bag of popcorn onto a cookie sheet.
- Melt about 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips or candy melts.
- Spoon the white chocolate all over the popcorn.
- Using your hands, work quickly as it's hot, mix the popcorn and chocolate together.
- Then, quickly before it cools, sprinkle the nonpareils liberally all over the popcorn.
- Serve up and enjoy!
Are you ready to download the Pop Secret app? You’ll love having perfectly popped popcorn! Your kids will love it, too! All three of mine had to each pop their own bag while using the app.
I’d love to know how you like your popcorn! Tell me in the comments!