I’m not a huge coffee drinker, but I like the fancy coffee drinks like cappuccino or latte when I do drink coffee. Recently, I found a caramel cappuccino that I can’t live without, and I love to sweeten it up with Coffee-mate’s newest flavor, Extra Sweet & Creamy.
It’s really yummy, and it gives you a balanced cup of coffee with creamy taste and extra sweetness! Coffee-mate’s smooth, creamy taste is just perfect to bring out the flavor in your coffee.
The other day I was drinking a cup and thought it would make a great flavor for my Crazy Cupcake Flavors from a Box! If you love coffee flavored desserts, you are going to love Dulce de Leche Cappuccino Cupcakes featuring Coffee-mate Extra Sweet & Creamy!
To top off these amazing cupcakes, I whipped up a delightful dulce de leche coffee buttercream frosting. It reminds me of eating coffee ice cream. It’s so good, you’d probably enjoy just eating it by the spoonful!
- 1/2 cup of salted butter (1 stick)
- 3-4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup of Coffee-mate Extra Sweet & Creamy
- 1 tbs (or 1 packet) of instant coffee
- 1-2 tbs of dulce de leche
- Add butter to mixing bowl and beat on medium.
- Heat 1/3 cup of Coffee-mate Extra Sweet & Creamy for 1 minute. Add instant coffee and dulce de leche to the Coffee-mate.
- Stir Coffee-mate until well mixed. Then, add to the butter and continue beating.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat on medium-high. Keep scraping down the sides of the bowl every minute or so.
- Gradually add 1 to 2 more cups of powdered sugar to get the right consistency.
- Once consistency is achieved, beat for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Finish the cupcakes off with some caramel or dulce de leche syrup around the frosting.
Coffee-mate has several flavors with a range of sweetness — from Original, to Italian Sweet Cream, to the newest offering — Extra Sweet & Creamy. Try them in your favorite cup of coffee — or, try them in a cupcake!
Follow Coffee-mate on Twitter for more delicious fun and giveaway opportunities!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.