Two of my favorite things together — fudge and dulce de leche! You are going to love these Dulce de Leche Stuffed Fudge Cookie Bars!
A few weeks ago I made some fudge stuffed chocolate chip cookie bars that were heavenly. When I saw the Salted Caramel Cookie Mix at Target, I knew I had to make a version of these cookie bars using dulce de leche fudge. And, you won’t believe how delicious these are!
They have probably become my favorite dessert ever.
What do you need to make Dulce de Leche Stuffed Fudge Cookie Bars?
You’ll need a few things:
- 1 package of the Betty Crocker Salted Caramel Cookie Mix plus the ingredients it needs like eggs, etc. You’ll also need a 14 oz can of dulce de leche
- 12 oz bag of milk chocolate chips
- 14 oz can dulce de leche
How do you make Dulce de Leche Stuffed Fudge Cookie Bars?
First, you’ll want to make the cookie dough. Follow the package directions. Then, set it aside as you make the dulce de leche fudge.
In a sauce pan combine the can of dulce de leche, butter, and chocolate chips over medium heat.
Stir often until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the ingredients are all well combined.
Remove from fire and stir in the vanilla.
Allow the fudge to sit for about 15 minutes.
Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil, so the fudge bars will be easy to lift out of the pan. Then, spray it with non-stick oil spray.
Take about two thirds of the cookie dough and press it into the bottom of the pan evenly.
Reserve the rest of the cookie dough for later.
Spread the dulce de leche fudge over the cookie dough.
Then, take the reserved cookie dough and sprinkle clumps of it over the top of the fudge.
Cook for about 25-28 minutes, until the cookie dough on top looks golden brown and done.
Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
Cut into squares.
Can you make these Dulce de Leche Fudge Stuffed Cookie Bars ahead of time?
Absolutely! This is why they are perfect for gift giving or a cookie exchange.
I would not recommend freezing, as defrosting may not be good for the fudge.
How do you store leftover Dulce de Leche Fudge Stuffed Cookie Bars?
Keep them in a sealed container or ziplock bag for up to a week.
More Dulce de Leche Recipes
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Pie
- Dulce de Leche Cappuccino Cupcakes
- Dulce de Leche Whipped Cream
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Dulce de Leche Peach Pie
More of My Favorite Cookie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Cookie Brownie Cups
- Belgian Waffle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies
- DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cannoli Cookies
- Simple Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 package of salted caramel cookie mix + the ingredients on package
- 14 oz can dulce de leche
- `12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Make the salted caramel cookie dough according to the package and then set aside..
- Combine chocolate chips, butter, and dulce de leche in a sauce pan and stir often over medium heat.
- Continue stirring until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the ingredients are well combined.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Set the fudge aside and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a 8 x 8 pan by covering the bottom and sides in foil.
- Spray the foil with non-stick oil spray.
- Press 2/3 to 3/4 of the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the fudge over the cookie dough in the pan.
- Break apart the rest of the cookie dough and drop over the fudge.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, until the cookie dough on top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.