You are gonna love this Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cake. Don’t want to go to all the trouble of making traditional pumpkin pie for the holidays? Then, this is your dessert!
It’s so easy to make, and so, so delicious! My kids LOVE it and beg for seconds.
What is dulce de leche?
It’s basically sweetened condensed milk turned into caramel with a Mexican name. If you’ve never had it, you’ll love it. I could eat that stuff with a spoon right from the can, it’s so good.
You can actually make it yourself with a can of sweetened condensed milk in a slow cooker or boiling in a pot. Or…you can just buy cans of it in the store. They are usually with the Mexican food section and not the baking section. They sell it in cans like sweetened condensed milk, and they also sell it in squirt bottles to be more used like a syrup.
You can put it in all kinds of desserts and more!
What do you need to make Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Dump Cake?
You will need a big 29 oz can or two regular cans of pumpkin puree – not the canned pumpkin pie. You’ll need a can of dulce de leche as well as eggs, vanilla, a box of spice cake mix as well as a stick of butter.
How do you make Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Dump Cake?
Combine the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, dulce de leche, and vanilla and mix until everything is well combined.
Pour it all into a 13 x 9 inch pan.
Next, sprinkle the spice cake all over the pumpkin mixture. It will definitely look like way too much, but it’s exactly what you need.
Then, we’re going to melt the butter and drizzle it all over the cake mix top.
Bake for 55-60 minutes, until it’s cooked and golden brown.
Then, let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour and drizzle it with dulce de leche syrup.
When you’re ready to serve, add a scoop of fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip to the top of each slice and drizzle again with dulce de leche syrup.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Pie
- How to Make an Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cookie Cups
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Braid
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake – No Eggs!
- Minecraft Creeper Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 29 oz can pumpkin puree
- 10 oz can dulce de leche
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, dulce de leche, and vanilla and mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour it all into a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the spice cake all over the pumpkin mixture. It will definitely look like way too much, but it's exactly what you need.
- Melt the butter and drizzle it all over the cake mix top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until it's cooked and golden brown.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour and drizzle it with dulce de leche syrup.
- To serve, dd a scoop of fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip to the top of each slice and drizzle again with dulce de leche syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.