I was researching my love of dulce de leche and learned that a Latin American treat is roasted peaches or apricots topped with dulce de leche. Doesn’t that sound absolutely delicious? I love, love, love peaches and nectarines and apricots, which you can tell from a few of my recipes like Instant Pot Upside Down Apricot Cake and Brown Butter Peach Upside Down Cake.
We had friends coming over, and I needed a dessert. I decided to try a variation of that Latin American treat, and I made a Dulce de Leche Peach Pie. Oh my goodness! My husband inhaled his slice. I’ve never seen him enjoy a dessert like that before. Nate is not much for sweets. Even his buddy was laughing at how fast he ate it.
If you need an amazing and indulgent dessert for Valentine’s Day, this Dulce de Leche Peach Pie is perfect. I took a short cut with store bought pie crust. If you don’t want to cheat, I have an amazing pie crust recipe, which can be found here.
If you want to make your pie into a pretty Valentine’s theme, take a tiny heart cookie cutter, such as from a Linzer cookie cutter (I recently found a whole set at Walmart from Wilton brand for $1.25), and cut out little heart shapes in the top crust. Then arrange the little hearts on top of the pie.
I wanted more heart cut outs than I could really cut in the actual crust, so I took the extra crust I cut off the edge and cut more and placed them on the pie crust. I think it came out so cute and Valentine-y!
More Pie Recipes
More Valentine TreatsPrint
Give your peach pie a little kick by adding dulce de leche!
- 2 pie crusts
- 8 oz can dulce de leche
- 2 bags of frozen peaches
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 heaping tbs corn starch
- 1–2 tbs heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix peaches, cinnamon, sugar, and corn starch in a large bowl and set aside.
- Lay one pie crust into the pie plate.
- Optional: Lay out the other pie crust on wax paper and cut little hearts into it.
- Fill pie with about 1/3 of the peach mixture. Then, add spoonfuls of dulce de leche all around the peaches.
- Fill another third of the pie with the peach mixture, and add more spoonfuls of dulce de leche.
- Then, add the last 1/3 of the peaches and the last spoonfuls of dulce de leche.
- Top with second crust and cut off extra. Then pinch edges.
- Brush the top of the pie with cream.
- Bake for 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
Keywords: peach pie, caramel peach pie, dulce de leche pie, fruit pie