It’s apricot season and the perfect time to make a batch of Apricot Jam. This recipe is extremely easy, even for a newbie.
- 3 lbs apricots (36 small apricots)
- 1 pkg pectin (Sure Jell)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 7 cups white sugar
- Pit and halve the apricots.
- Transfer the apricots to a food processor and puree.
- Transfer the apricot puree into a large saucepan and combine with the lemon juice.
- In a large bowl add 7 cups of white sugar and set aside.
- Add 1 package of pectin (Sure Jell) into your fruit and mix until combined.
- Turn on the heat and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Add the sugar to the fruit mixture, mix, and bring it back to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Let the fruit sit for about 1-2 minutes then skim off the foam from the top.
- Ladle the jam mixture into prepared canning jars, wipe the rims clean, cover with the lid and screw top and process for 10 minutes in a canner.
- Remove from water and set on a towel to cool completely. Make sure the lids have sucked down and “popped” to seal.
Make sure you sterilize your jars and lids before canning.
- Category: jam
- Method: canning
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: apricot jam, apricot jelly, apricot butter, apricot preserves